How do you fund your Hunting?

I was concrete contractor for 30+ years, owned a concrete plant for 8 years, ranch and pasture cows in the spring and summer and have run a fishing charter for the last 18 years. I could scrimp on a lot of things if I had to to fund hunting.

I work in the oilfield as a welder, work on call 24/7 but I take as much time off as I need for hunting season. Usually try and do three out of state hunts if I can pull the tags.

Used the skills I learned in my career to open an online business as a side hustle. That pays for arrows, guns, tags, fuel, etc.

I was concrete contractor for 30+ years, owned a concrete plant for 8 years, ranch and pasture cows in the spring and summer and have run a fishing charter for the last 18 years. I could scrimp on a lot of things if I had to to fund hunting.
So the real question is how do you finance your new back, knees, shoulders👍

Retired slightly ahead schedule in 2016 after being cut with 20 years of service as a EE with my employer. Decided not to go back to work full time, started a micro business here at home selling bullets online in sample packs. Got a call early this year and started doing some electronic related consulting work part time to supplement. I shoot clay targets (trap) during warmer weather. Hunt, reload, shoot rifles in the fall and early winter, our whitetail season is open until early January.

Some guy around here say "you will run out of health before you run out of money" I believe it.

Land management for State agency.
But comes down to lifestyle choices my wife and I make to be able to go on Western trips every year.

Reactions: LCH
I help teach welding class (and next year a construction class) for extra scratch now that I am retired. They are flexible as well as there is more than one of us doing it so I can always be gone when I want.

State employee a year from retirement. Going to retire and spend a lot of my time with nonprofits like Hunting With Heroes, St Baldricks and the Elks lodge. I also have a federal civil service retirement, a military retirement and going to add a state retirement to that plus social security.

Currently, I design oil wells. Primarily making sure we don't accidentally hit existing wells and we stay within our legal boundaries.

However, the company I work for is getting bought so I may find myself with ample free time to hunt but no funds.

Wait till Christmas when I get cash lol jk but it is nice when people do give me cash for Christmas.

I've got boats, 4 wheeler, 6 wheeler, side x side, monster truck, and wife.
They all work

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back