Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

How do you fund your Hunting?

Depends on the size and complexity of the components spec'd but the labor comes down to intuitive 'gut'....as does the mark-up.
Yeah, material is easy to figure out. As long as the numbers stay in the + at the end of the day everyone's at least not mad! lol

I own an underwriting/credit analysis company with a partner. Our clients are credit unions and small local banks and we typically provide either all of they underwriting for business loans (mortgages, lines of credit, etc.) or an annual review their existing underwriting department. I take a salary from the business and my wife works as a teacher/administrator at a private school. We pay our bills and fund our fun stuff, lol.

Ive developed quite the knack for "work" trips.

I am pretty good at planning trips for certain areas around the state dependent upon what season it is.

Last edited:
I get paid a little to provide facts on things to people who are paid a lot to provide opinions on things.

In other words, I do a lot of work with land, and communicate with attorneys often

I work oil spills. Out of college I started working for a spill management company. Did that for a few years and hated it. The travel, on call 24/7, and lack of time off didn’t justify the pay.
Was looking to get out of the spill business when I got a phone call asking if I wanted to work spills for the state and been here since May. Pays about the same, but spend very few nights away from home, actually have an on call schedule, build up a lot of K time, and stay within Louisiana borders.

I really don’t make extra to afford hunting. I just save money by pulling from the lowest shelf at the liquor store.

Last edited:
Wildlife Biologist, private company, mostly working with waterfowl habitat improvement. Do a lot of duck banding in the springtime and a few other fun things but most days it’s just random manual labor projects.
As far as paying for my habits, I have a part time taxidermy business on the side that helps with that a little bit but it keeps me busier than I’d like. Overall it’s not the way to get rich but it keeps me outside and in a sane state of mind. Most days...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back