Caribou Gear

How do you fund your Hunting?

Retired for the most part but when the opportunity comes up I find gold for people on a consulting basis. A couple of months of work and I can buy a new horse or various sundry items.

Database Engineer in the gaming industry. Looking to get back into business intelligence development though, I love and miss doing that full time. Would love to do that for one of the big box hunting/fishing stores.

I plan or at least hope to do some side work as a gun smith in retirement to pad the retirement income and keep me busy when I'm not hunting. Of course that means investing in equipment and learning how to do it.....right :p

I'm a project engineer for a small/mid GC. Trying to specialize in water/wastewater plants, but we can't buy a job to save our live's right now.

I drive a semi delivering groceries to Trader Joe’s grocery stores in Minnesota.

But what funds my hunting is that I put $50/week into a high interest savings account. That covers 1 trip a year.

I drive a semi delivering groceries to Trader Joe’s grocery stores in Minnesota.

But what funds my hunting is that I put $50/week into a high interest savings account. That covers 1 trip a year.
I'm guessing you can't carry, but I'd be hard pressed not to have a pretty nice tire flat checker style bat.

I'm guessing you can't carry, but I'd be hard pressed not to have a pretty nice tire flat checker style bat.

I work the weekend shift. Weekday guy just called and told me store shut down because of the riots as he was pulling in the lot. Earlier today I texted him and suggested he break protocol and bring protection today.

I'm a journeyman structural welder with an interprovincial Red Seal. I used to have my CWB (Canadian Welding Bureau) structural certs, but they expired since I worked in a shop for 6+ years which didn't require me to maintain them. I also hold an Emergency Medical Responder ticket (80 hour course) and am registered with the Alberta College of Paramedics, so I helped out on the safety side of things in the shop and on field jobs.

I'm currently out of work though due to a combination of covid and the recession in Canada. At the end of the month, I'm booked in for my NFPA 1001 Level 1 and 2 firefighter training. I'm hoping to eventually get hired on a career dept. Once that course is done and while waiting for openings in fire depts, I'm planning to try and find a job as an HVAC Refrigeration apprentice. It's time for a career change into something not dependent on oil and gas and which will still be in demand of some form recession or not.

Radio Host / Media Producer. I fund my outdoor recreation in accordance to a budget my nurse wife puts together with monthly and annual planning. Sometimes I get to go on a big trip, sometimes I'm fishing in the backyard and shooting squirrels off the back porch. Happy Huntin'!

Back