Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

History of Hunt Talk

At some point, I hope someone elaborates on this part of the back story.

It has to do with a forum segment where guys were sharing pics that have no place on a hunting forum. I kept getting requests for the PW and link to the adult section. I told them they were on the wrong website, this was about hunting.

Finally I called Moosie to ask if he got these crazy requests. After he stopped his roar of laughter, the conversation went something like this.....

Moosie, with laughs and snickers, "You don't have access to that?"

Fin, as serious as an accountant,
"Access to what?"

Moosie, still laughing, "To the private adult forum. Some guys wanted that, so I put so&so (can't remember the member's name, as I toasted his account immediately) in charge of it. He manages that."

Long pause from Fin..."WTF are you talking about?"

Moosie now still laughing but trying to restrain and not piss off Fin anymore than he already is, "Dang, I thought you knew. I would have told you, but just assumed you knew. Here's the PW. You can access it from the Admin Panel."

Fin, now realizing his two weeks of owning Hunt Talk has him implicated in Moosie's shenanigans, "Well, that explains a lot of things."

Click.

Fin's first call is to his attorney. Next call is to the tech firm with instructions to take down that part of the forum and rebuild the database on a new server, without any images, causing us to lose a lot of the oldest images in the forum threads.

Moosie called the next day, "Dude, man, I'm so sorry. I thought you knew."

Fin, "(a lot of non-repeatable words that formed a lecture to Moosie about business risk, reputation, and internet laws. All the while Moosie was laughing and chuckling)."

Traffic went down 80%+ over the next few weeks. My email was full of messages that the "other private forum" wasn't working. I never responded, just deleted their accounts.

And Moosie and I are still good friends, even after that.

And now we know why every video you post on YouTube gets an immediate two thumbs down. Those two old dudes generating 80% of that traffic never got over the loss of their entertainment. 😀

I have to say I am glad for the change. With as much time as I spend on here, the existence of an “adult “ subsection be a nonstarter in my family.

Glad to see Moosie back on his feet and showing his face around here!

It has to do with a forum segment where guys were sharing pics that have no place on a hunting forum. I kept getting requests for the PW and link to the adult section. I told them they were on the wrong website, this was about hunting.

Finally I called Moosie to ask if he got these crazy requests. After he stopped his roar of laughter, the conversation went something like this.....

Moosie, with laughs and snickers, "You don't have access to that?"

Fin, as serious as an accountant,
"Access to what?"

Moosie, still laughing, "To the private adult forum. Some guys wanted that, so I put so&so (can't remember the member's name, as I toasted his account immediately) in charge of it. He manages that."

Long pause from Fin..."WTF are you talking about?"

Moosie now still laughing but trying to restrain and not piss off Fin anymore than he already is, "Dang, I thought you knew. I would have told you, but just assumed you knew. Here's the PW. You can access it from the Admin Panel."

Fin, now realizing his two weeks of owning Hunt Talk has him implicated in Moosie's shenanigans, "Well, that explains a lot of things."

Click.

Fin's first call is to his attorney. Next call is to the tech firm with instructions to take down that part of the forum and rebuild the database on a new server, without any images, causing us to lose a lot of the oldest images in the forum threads.

Moosie called the next day, "Dude, man, I'm so sorry. I thought you knew."

Fin, "(a lot of non-repeatable words that formed a lecture to Moosie about business risk, reputation, and internet laws. All the while Moosie was laughing and chuckling)."

Traffic went down 80%+ over the next few weeks. My email was full of messages that the "other private forum" wasn't working. I never responded, just deleted their accounts.

And Moosie and I are still good friends, even after that.

I guess that's really the old saying in action, "Let the buyer beware".

In the words of the great Walter Cronkite,

And that's the way it is.

The backstory of Moosie and the secret chamber.

where the heck did IDBugler go... That's what I would like to know... Moosie and IDBugler had some of the best hunt stories, eva!

I didnt know anything about this site till abt 1 1/2 yrs ago and I am very glad it is the way it is today, without the back door stuff
Thanks Big Fin !

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back