PEAX Equipment

Gianforte gets warning in killing of Yellowstone wolf

Swap the R for a D and the same mindset occurs. That's definitely not a party specific issue.
To some extent, might depend a lot on region. My reference was to MT. Here that R provides you a solid base of support. That was demonstrated after GG body slammed a reporter for asking a question he didn't like but still won an election. Cuomo hasn't gotten a free pass from Ds in NY.

Looking at all the bills put forth this session, GG is solidifying his status as someone more concerned about his status with outsiders than he is about the interest of the people of this state. But as long as he screams about the 2a, freedom, liberty, blah blah blah, he gets votes.

Whilst I have no first hand knowledge of the incident, my guess would be hired hand who has trappers license caught said wolf. GG got to accompany said trapper and dispatched the wolf..... and this is a big deal?

The endless anti-R rhetoric is laughable, disgusting, but laughable.

Whilst I have no first hand knowledge of the incident, my guess would be hired hand who has trappers license caught said wolf. GG got to accompany said trapper and dispatched the wolf..... and this is a big deal?

Ya I get it. The highest ranking government official in Montana (that seems to have a problem staying on the right side of the law) following a law or rule of an agency he over sees is no big deal. The endless hypocrisy by some is laughable.

Last edited:

I'm shocked that the outfitter doesn't see an issue with ethics.

:)

I agree with you about how it went down.

I think it’s lame anyone would shoot a wolf someone else trapped and check it in as their own. It’s especially lame if you don’t follow the legal prerequisites to do so.
It’s especially, especially, lame if you are the executive in charge of administrating the agency entrusted to manage wildlife, are personally engaged with directing major changes to said agency and shoot a wolf someone trapped, claim it as your own and don’t follow the legal parameters.

Kind of backs up the “all hat, no cows”
opinion I’ve always had of GG. And I voted for Fox in the primary and would have voted for him in the general had he been the candidate.

Disgusting? What is disgusting is the continued defense of GG. The wolf issue isn't a big deal. It's like the cherry on top of a shit sundae. If he wants support from me he can kill the support of the numerous bill that negatively impact resident hunters. I remember all the people in November that said "don't judge, give him a chance". After 83 days, I can firmly say my initial impression of him was correct. You support him because the stuff getting pushed through benefits you.

I agree with you about how it went down.

I think it’s lame anyone would shoot a wolf someone else trapped and check it in as their own. It’s especially lame if you don’t follow the legal prerequisites to do so.
It’s especially, especially, lame if you are the executive in charge of administrating the agency entrusted to manage wildlife, are personally engaged with directing major changes to said agency and shoot a wolf someone trapped, claim it as your own and don’t follow the legal parameters.

Kind of backs up the “all hat, no cows”
opinion I’ve always had of GG. And I voted for Fox in the primary and would have voted for him in the general had he been the candidate.
I personally would not shoot a wolf in another persons trap and claim it as my own. If I came across a wolf in a trap, I would humanly dispatch it just as I have coyotes and fox I've run across.

Lameness aside, in the same way that assaulting a journalist didn't hurt GG, neither will this.

The minions say, "Journalists suck" in the same way they say, "Smoke a pack a day". On either side of the isle, political hacks, politicians, and the sick souls who revel in that realm care about destinations, not journeys. Wolves kill elk bro.

It doesn't help that the half the social media addressing this that I see are boohoo flagellations about "Max" the wolf, or the horror of wolf hunting/trapping, or the fact that this occurred within two townships of YNP.

A video could come out of someone's sacred cow stealing candy from a baby, and the chief consideration half the country would take in to discern the morality of the act would be whether or not the parents of that infant were liberal, conservative, white, or black.

We have enough evidence to know who certain folks are by now.

I'm shocked that the outfitter doesn't see an issue with ethics.

:)
I could care less that GG shot a wolf in a trap someone else set. I would also not care if you were the one who dispatched a wolf in someone else's trap. Ethically the right thing to do is kill wolves. There is a reason Eastern Montana does not have a wolf problem, maybe ethics is what it is. But that's for a different debate.

The great thing about Eastern Montana is we are still Montana. The good thing about western Montana is that its about 4-5 hours from the real Montana.

I think everyone suspects that some one trapped the wolf and Greg shot it. I do not know or really care about the legality, if that is how it went down.

It is however a decent insight that Greg is a poser. I can think of few things I'd be less interested in doing than shooting anything someone else had trapped.

It might be that when you've held clients' hands, led them to big bucks, and put them into shooting position that the above scenario is business as usual.

I wonder if Greg's helper gave him a high five after the finishing shot? I hope it only took one to get it done.

I could care less that GG shot a wolf in a trap someone else set. I would also not care if you were the one who dispatched a wolf in someone else's trap. Ethically the right thing to do is kill wolves. There is a reason Eastern Montana does not have a wolf problem, maybe ethics is what it is. But that's for a different debate.

The great thing about Eastern Montana is we are still Montana. The good thing about western Montana is that its about 4-5 hours from the real Montana.

how many straw men could a straw man straw, if a straw man could straw men?

Isn't there a legal requirement to immediately kill a wolf in your trap? So if you were going to kill a wolf in someone else's set you'd have to be there when they first checked it, right? Otherwise, the "hired hand" would be in violation if he sat around and waited for a VIP to drive down for the coup de grace.

Would anybody on this site do the above?
WTF is laughable about that?
Actually I am not interested in a response from anyone who gets defensive cuz they voted for that puke.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back