Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Gianforte gets warning in killing of Yellowstone wolf

I’m not making any excuses for the guy and if you go Back I even said he should be fined. But the way people are acting and commenting here you’d think he shot a trophy elk out of season cut the head off
And left it on the side of the road.
See “higher standard”

I’m not making any excuses for the guy and if you go Back I even said he should be fined. But the way people are acting and commenting here you’d think he shot a trophy elk out of season cut the head off
I just think it’s really lame to claim a wolf someone else trapped as your own.
If that’s not the scenario, it’s even lamer to go to the effort it takes to trap a wolf and not know the regs about what it takes to trap legally.
Ergo, my logic circles back to my first scenario.

Opportunists usually take shortcuts instead of investing what it actually takes to build credibility.

1. He’s literally “The Boss” when it comes to the state game agency. You don’t have the luxury of those kinds of mistakes. The optics could not be worse. He also put some wardens and an area manager in an extremely unenviable position. Extremely poor “leadership”.

2. As a public servant, I believe you must be held to a higher standard if you are going to gain the trust of the people you serve. I know, how naive and idealistic of me.

3. Missteps by someone in a high profile position such as his are infinitely more damaging to the image of hunters and trappers than Joe Blow. Even if he were to miraculously shift gears and push some good hunting or trapping legislation, he’s lost all credibility for not just himself, but for all trappers and hunters in Montana. Again, extremely poor leadership.

And then there was this.

I was about to mention I thought there was some poaching in his background. It is shameful that Montanans would put a douche bag like that in the governor's mansion. Wish to hell I would have been the journalist in his office that day. It would have been a different story one way or the other. I'm sure he's smart enough to know who he can sucker punch. Like wolves tied to a tree.

Thing that distresses me is good old boy Hank had to have known about this ... but still following his fearless leader's orders backing his bullshit legislation. GG should have been cited and fined and had his license revoked (if he had one). And then forced to skin that stinking animal. That would teach him! Ugh!!

I was about to mention I thought there was some poaching in his background. It is shameful that Montanans would put a douche bag like that in the governor's mansion. Wish to hell I would have been the journalist in his office that day. It would have been a different story one way or the other. I'm sure he's smart enough to know who he can sucker punch. Like wolves tied to a tree.

Thing that distresses me is good old boy Hank had to have known about this ... but still following his fearless leader's orders backing his bullshit legislation. GG should have been cited and fined and had his license revoked (if he had one). And then forced to skin that stinking animal. That would teach him! Ugh!!
Didnt you admit to multiple violations including shooting 2 elk by mistake just last week then not self reporting? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

1. He’s literally “The Boss” when it comes to the state game agency. You don’t have the luxury of those kinds of mistakes. The optics could not be worse. He also put some wardens and an area manager in an extremely unenviable position. Extremely poor “leadership”.

2. As a public servant, I believe you must be held to a higher standard if you are going to gain the trust of the people you serve. I know, how naive and idealistic of me.

3. Missteps by someone in a high profile position such as his are infinitely more damaging to the image of hunters and trappers than Joe Blow. Even if he were to miraculously shift gears and push some good hunting or trapping legislation, he’s lost all credibility for not just himself, but for all trappers and hunters in Montana. Again, extremely poor leadership.

1. I completely agree he shouldn’t have the luxury of making a mistake but for that matter no one should. Ignorance is no excuse for the law however in my opinion there is a difference between intentionally breaking the law and making a mistake and by the reaction of how this is blowing up you’d think he was out intentionally poaching game animals and trying to hide
It.

2. that’s your opinion but in my opinion an elected official is no better than you or me
And we should all be held to the exact same standard. I may be in the minority but to me most politicians are POS that aren’t looking out for the people they represent no matter what side of the political spectrum they are on. Should they be on top of everything and lead by example your damn right they should but I think that’s a bit of a fallacy and won’t ever happen.

3. I see where you’re coming from it does add fuel to the fire and give people more ammo to Use against hunters and trappers but this is a relatively small violation that at the end of the day wouldn’t be blown out of proportion if it wasn’t for him
Being an elected official. He literally took the wolf in to a state game warden it was a mistake it’s not like he tried to hide it.

Didnt you admit to multiple violations including shooting 2 elk by mistake just last week then not self reporting? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
You are wrong again. Read it. I did self report. The game warden was simply not interested in pursuing it. End of story. This is the pot calling you childish. Again. :LOL:

You are wrong again. Read it. I did self report. The game warden was simply not interested in pursuing it. End of story. This is the pot calling you childish. Again. :LOL:
I wouldn’t call anonymously reporting and then giving a false location as Self report. Self report implies that you said you did something and admitted under your own
Name. But you do you

You guys are being way too hard on GG. You are such pessimists.

I am optimistic that the guy who can’t be bothered to know the rules about wolf trapping, yet is cagey enough to catch a wolf, really does have a good plan for wildlife management in this state.
His stated desire to take FWP in a different direction and decisive policies embodied in cutting edge bills like HB-505 that are crafted without input from conservation groups show good judgment.

I like to consider myself a betting man and a good picker of the dark horses.

Although, I have to admit his approach does make me think of that guy who sits on the corner stool at the local bar bragging about how he could show those special forces snipers a thing or two about shooting with his Grandpap’s thutty-thutty and some good ole Kentucky windage.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wisco94
Back