PEAX Equipment

Gianforte gets warning in killing of Yellowstone wolf

honestly this story probably buys him more cred in MT than it does hurt him in the eyes of public opinion.
Depends on how it was handled by FWP. I still believe there’s plenty of MT voters that recognize right vs wrong no matter the issue. Those who it would buy more credibility with already vote for him no matter what. The fact that there was no press release at the time makes me think they were hoping no one would ever find out.

I'm sure the same day he got the warning he sat down with Worsech to go over the finer details of 505. You know, 2 birds, 1 stone kinda thing. Hows that for efficient government?

*Face Palm

Wow, well, no reason for anyone else to take the required trapping course until after they trap their first wolf...

Governor or not, the rules and the law need to be applied equally.

What's really troubling about this is if you were a regular joe trapper, you would 100% be ticketed, no questions asked. Can you imagine the epic shit-show that would happen if a hunting personality did something like this?

What would be the response if Tester pulled something like this?

What a joke...

The only surprise to me is he did have a license.

He has been elected twice after mugging a reporter. Killing a wolf without taking a class will play well with most everyone who has voted for him.

He’s a man of endless energy if he has time to run MT, set wolf traps and check them in a timely manner....

I was always intrigued with wolf trapping. Then I accompanied my friend several times as he was running his line. Never bothered to invest in traps after I saw how much time it took.

Whoever trapped that wolf for him to come and tag should have known to make sure he had his certification before helping him.

Another political street cred op having the opposite effect.....

The only surprise to me is he did have a license.

He has been elected twice after mugging a reporter. Killing a wolf without taking a class will play well with most everyone who has voted for him.
Anyone check to see if he even has a trappers license?

If he actually trapped this wolf himself I’m kind of impressed. Trapping wolves takes skill and know how.

I’m assuming that he killed a wolf that a hired hand trapped?
That’s the only feasible explanation, IMO.
Unless a guy gets extremely lucky, trapping a wolf isn’t something weekend warriors are going to accomplish.

Last edited:
If he actually trapped this wolf himself I’m kind of impressed. Trapping wolves takes skill and know how.

I’m assuming that he killed a wolf that a hired hand trapped?

He was with the lobbyist for the MT Trappers Association, who is the same guy as the manager & BGF rep.

So I'm going to make a educated guess & say that thing was probably tied up and waiting for the Governor.

Wonder if GG's name was on the required trap tag?

If someone else was actually checking the traps...and his name wasn't on the trap, well I think this regulation may apply:

License and Permit Possession/Use (MCA 87-6-304) It is unlawful to: • Hunt or trap or attempt to hunt or trap for any furbearing animal unless the person is carrying the required license or permit at the time. • Refuse to produce a license or permit and the identification used in purchasing a license or permit for inspection to a game warden. • Alter or change a license in any material manner. • Loan or transfer any license to another person. • Use a license issued to another person. • Have physical control over a valid and unused hunting license or permit issued to another person while in any location that the species to be hunted may inhabit. This prohibition does not apply to a person who is carrying or has physical control over a license or permit issued to that person’s spouse or to any minor when the spouse or minor is hunting with that person.

I bet nobody bothered to really investigate this shit-show.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back