Caribou Gear Tarp

Ever Had a TV hunter in your Hunting Area?

Yes, and the star of the show featured the trail head sign in the video. You can guess what happened, every year since, the place is inundated with out of state hunters hoping to find the big elk everyone dreams of when they come to Montana.

Meateater is hitting me right where it hurts the last couple years. It's hard not taking it personal when it's a canyon generations of your family have hunted, and have your family's ashes scattered in.

I'm so sickened by the hunting 'industry' anymore it's disgusting. I guess that's the flip side of the coin to growing up somewhere great- you have to later watch it get exploited by someone looking to make a dollar.

Sorry to hear, I would feel the same way. I don’t understand why they feel the need to name the mountain ranges/regions/towns they hunt in.

Hunting Public literally shot a buck a few days later and about 50 yards from where I shot my buck last year.

The strangest place for them to go in the whole country, and there they were, showing roads, showing parking locations, showing "Other hunters" trucks......

Made me want to puke.

Yea Region G and eastern WA elk episodes for example. They apologized on a podcast for all the backlash, then continue to do it.

Ah, I thought you meant geographical region, was thinking it's not outside the realm to say "northern Rockies" or "Sonoran Desert".

Good thing you posted the specifics again in case we forgot though 🤣

Had an interaction in the comment section of one of Randy’s videos where a guy named the exact spot where the bull was taken. Which was also where my bil took his two years ago when I was with him. I respectfully asked him to delete it for the obvious reasons. He acted clueless and asked why. I explained in detail all of the reasons that it is an a-hole move to post spots on public forums/comment sections (ruining the spot for those that hunt it, ruining draw odds, etc, etc, etc). He still acted like he couldn’t comprehend the concepts. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I ended up deleting all of mine so as not to give validation/affirmation to his identification, but still irritates the shit out of me.

We had a couple of shutter bugs come through they were in a special unit by us beaming videos into everyones living room. Fortunately the local land owners, the legislature and Idaho fish and game came to the understanding that elk were to be eradicated from the area 1 year before.
They proceeded to make the unit look terrible. Couldn't find elk from the road, terrible glassing, bad weather and the roads were impassable without releasing your parking break.
Seriously though they harvested one of the last 10 bulls in the unit. So good on them for getting it done.

Rinella showed a map in Wyoming with a distinctive lake on it. I know the lake and it could have been a decoy but regardless it was someone's spot I'm sure. :(

Had an interaction in the comment section of one of Randy’s videos where a guy named the exact spot where the bull was taken. Which was also where my bil took his two years ago when I was with him. I respectfully asked him to delete it for the obvious reasons. He acted clueless and asked why. I explained in detail all of the reasons that it is an a-hole move to post spots on public forums/comment sections (ruining the spot for those that hunt it, ruining draw odds, etc, etc, etc). He still acted like he couldn’t comprehend the concepts. 🤷🏻‍♂️ I ended up deleting all of mine so as not to give validation/affirmation to his identification, but still irritates the shit out of me.
Which spot specifically are you referring to? 😏😁

Does drive my up a wall with some of the kiss and tell online, never had a spot blown up by a TV personality tho, because well... who wants to hunt MN???

People do blow up fishing spots on FB, YT comments, etc quite often. I don't even like bump into other fisherman who earned these spots when I'm out there, I really don't wanna bump into some jabroni that heard about it from some other jabroni online that never plans on going back there themself.

Most of the places I hunt, aren't worth blowing up.

It just seems ridiculous that people go to the places they find on the net and expect to do the same. IME, if a guy is so lazy that all they do is hack draw results, scour photo's etc. to find an area...they're absolutely worthless in the field.

I've said it dozens of times, but put a good hunter in an average area, they'll do well. Put a klutz in the best area, they'll find a way to blow it.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back