Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Ever Had a TV hunter in your Hunting Area?

We had a couple of shutter bugs come through they were in a special unit by us beaming videos into everyones living room. Fortunately the local land owners, the legislature and Idaho fish and game came to the understanding that elk were to be eradicated from the area 1 year before.
They proceeded to make the unit look terrible. Couldn't find elk from the road, terrible glassing, bad weather and the roads were impassable without releasing your parking break.
Seriously though they harvested one of the last 10 bulls in the unit. So good on them for getting it done.

Rinella showed a map in Wyoming with a distinctive lake on it. I know the lake and it could have been a decoy but regardless it was someone's spot I'm sure. :(

I know on one of the WY episodes where I knew I’d hunted the exact area (near a lake) he was with an outfitter that basically gave the location away. I was bummed to see them there regardless.

I know on one of the WY episodes where I knew I’d hunted the exact area (near a lake) he was with an outfitter that basically gave the location away. I was bummed to see them there regardless.
Hopefully it was a decoy map. But I'd bet NR pressure went up around the lake.

Bob Fulkrod was on a caribou hunt in Alaska when I was there. He was nice guy and a lot of fun. He could tell some really funny stories. He got a nice bull. The Weatherby crew was there on a hunt to test the 378. Both made camp fun and the videos were good when I saw them.

If I heard right the FT crew will be heading back to a spot I have hunted the last 6 years (no tag this year), they've been there previously, and while hunting has diminished I don't think it was associated with them, just the ups and downs of an area.

Bob Fulkrod was on a caribou hunt in Alaska when I was there. He was nice guy and a lot of fun. He could tell some really funny stories. He got a nice bull. The Weatherby crew was there on a hunt to test the 378. Both made camp fun and the videos were good when I saw them.
Blast from the past, I always enjoyed watching Bob Fulkrod as a kid.

I ran into a VHS tape hunter once. I had just gotten back to my truck one evening after an overnight trip with my recurve. As I was getting my gear loaded up to head home, another hunter who was at the trailhead asked, “How did you plan on getting an elk out of that hole?” Because of the low sun at his back, I couldn’t see his face well, but as soon as I heard his voice, I asked, “Are you Glen Berry?”

He was.

Full disclosure - I was not hunting near a stateline. 😀

What has happened to Jana Waller ? I ike her and would love to visit with her. Is she as good lookin in person ?

Many years ago Outdoor Life had a very detailed article about West Divide Creek on the Wester Slope of Colorado. Mybrothers and I had hunted there for about 6-7 years and had the area mostly to ourselves and a couple other brothers from Silt. It was a hard area to get into...4 wheel drive. The next years about 150 hunters show up, even driving their family cars.....made me sad but it is public land.

Does having Tammy Wynette give me a big wet kiss on the mouth count?

Being good looking to some is a great qualification to a state fish and wildlife commission

The sfw connection, host of sponsors to please and commercialization that come with both are a giant red flag to me

I had a YouPodInstaCastFace guy come into my area a couple years ago, showing everybody how hard it was to spot/stalk elk. Fun part was watching him "sleep" on a herd while on "Day Use Only" private ground all the while spouting off how hard it was to hunt elk on public. Just gotta gritty it up I suppose. Keep hammering ya'll!

Back