Crossbow during archery season bill.

Buckrub, I have to terrible knees, years of manual labor and football have taken there toll on me. I take lots of aspirin and wear knee braces. I don't expect to be given special treatment so I can access remote area's. I'll go till I can't anymore and then find some other avenue to pursue my passion. The technology of crossbows has just begun. I expect them to increase in speed and accuracy. As it is now you can pick one up without practice and be quite effective out to 60 yards. I doubt you can pick up a bow and be effective in the same amount of time with a hand held bow. Maybe not ever.
There's devices that you can mount on a hand held bow, which will hold it for you until your ready for a shot. Crossbows are a easy way out for most. I would bet you can draw a 50 lbs bow with 80% let off and hold a mere 10 lbs at full draw. It'll kill most anything you'll want to hunt.

Life isnt fair, and hunting shouldnt be either.

Your pumpkin patch mentality is hilarious.

I see no need in considering your deplorable existence in the management of wildlife toolbox.

"There's devices that you can mount on a hand held bow, which will hold it for you until your ready for a shot." SS, isn't that the same thing that a cross bow does?

and wonder how many of you are still shooting the flintlock ML's? and how many are using the inlines? seems hypocritical to say one is OK but the other isn't. don't use a crossbow, but the father in law does. has nothing to do with arms or shoulders. has less than 10% blood flow thru most of his body, so can not pull a bow any more. if its legal to use, even if its thru a handicap permit, then go for it.

I really sympathize with the people who can’t use a regular bow. People with shoulder problems, young people, women and children and those who just can’t pull and hold a 70 lb compound.
Fact is, there’s a special season for all of them to use their crossbows
IT’S CALLED RIFLE SEASON !!!
Crossbows have NO place in archery season.
I’m sorry but this is an easy line is draw - if you have a doctor certify that you are handicap, there are special seasons for you, but keep crossbows out of archery season. .

This isn't about what's legal, it's about making them legal in archery season. Go ahead and use them during our rifle season. Read post #18. They don't belong in a archery season. They aren't archery gear. They shoot just like a gun, different propellant.

My father has MS has for 15 yrs he rifle hunts, I archery. now that we allow cross bow for disabled hunters he is able to go out with me and enjoy our sport together again. Due to his condition wich fused some of his brain nerves together the compound bow is too much physicaly and functioning. so I like it. he cant shoot further then me he has no advantage over anyone else out there. Hate it when people vent without thought or understanding those people know who they are and seem to only want to put down. the woods are to be shared with all who love and respect them..... I live in WA. where crossbow is now legal for disabled hunter and in firearm restriced areas during rifle season///

I wonder how many of the No people have ever had to make the choice between using an alternative weapon like a cross bow or not going at all. It is not about just going during rifle season, it’s about being able to hunt with family and friends during the season you chose to hunt in. We are lucky here in Wyoming because the stick and stings are all put together in to one group called archery season. Some of you find it so easy to say no way without reason or compassion. If I remember right the Idaho folks were fighting mad because the state was going to not allow the inline muzzle loaders. They said give us the right to chose our black powder weapon. It is about the right to chose and not be dictated to. The more we fight for the right to bear arms legally, the better our chances of not having them ripped from our bloody stumps. We only loose when we divide because of this type of BS.

I wonder how many of the No people just need to shut the phuck up and quit their piss moaning......it is just as easy not to use a cross bow if they dont want......all worried about what someone else is doing and how they are gonna be out hunted, damned crybaby fags. stay the hell home, lay on the couch with you feet tucked under your ass and pet your phucking pomeraian!

Lets just skip all the archery hunting and have 16 weeks of rifle season starting Sept. 1 and going through about Christmas...nobody will be left out and we'll all be one happy camp.

Dam.....Millers post on arthritis is gone.

I was ready to support him and call for a June through August arthritis only season. Come on people we must all support this, do not let them divide and conquer.

How about June thru August arthritis/nosler partitions only season?

...thank me later Buzz.

Next thing you know, they'll want to shoot them right from their computers.:rolleyes:

These threads always end the same. The 'no' camp usually all shoot compound bows with all the bells and whistles and can kill chit out to 40-60+ yards pretty easily.

I think archery season should go back to traditional only, no sights, no carbon... cedar and flint only. If you can't get it done with that you should just stay home.

With respect to Traditional Archery.

Last night the local bow club gathered to do some shooting. One of the guys brought 20 3D targets he bought used, at a huge Professional, National shoot in Texas. After the shoot they sell the targets to the archers every year.

These targets were in absolutely perfect shape. Some didn't even look used. I couldn't believe professional 3d shooters didn't shoot out the 12 spots on them. When I made that comment, the owner laughed and said " I signed up for the targets back in January, because I was the first one signed up, I got the targets from the Traditional course":D:D:D

Traditional Archery? Maybe some day when I am done killing chit.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnbighunter
Back