Conspiracy against gun hunters in America?

Tom I’m not sure (most all the time) what you’re trying to say here? Seriously I’m not throwing stones here but you typically ask a question, then answer it yourself using “examples” that are pretty off the wall?

For example, I hunted for YEARS with relatives in Cali and they’d be DELIGHTED to hunt in the late season or in literally ANY season that coincided with a chance of some cooler weather. Yeah you might be “forced” to hunt in colder climes if you draw an X tag for example (twist my arm and let me go…please) but more often than not you’re in triple degree Cali temps hunting as early as July and August in OTC A and B zones. Sorry if I’ve derailed but…
Just what are you asking here?
I'm trying to say I'm sensitive to cold weather. The question I'm trying to hammer home is why in the hell are gun hunters forced in Iowa to suffer in freezing weather? I just want a damned doe anyway. I mentioned California because I was happy and warm in October when I took my deer there in 1996. I didn't ask and answer a damned thing.

Last edited:
I'm trying to say I'm sensitive to cold weather. The question I'm trying to hammer home is why in the hell are gun hunters forced in Iowa to suffer in freezing weather? I just want a damned doe anyway. I mentioned California because I was happy and warm in October when I took my deer there in 1996. I didn't ask and answer a damned thing.
Well now you're making sense, every state should manage wildlife and set hunting seasons based on the personal comfort zone of TomTeriffic

Yup…Courtyard by Marriott, ya ought ta go there!

View attachment 270024

I want to seriously take action so that America's gun hunters get a fair shake. I want to be able to CHOOSE what month I can shoot my doe in with my gun. America is all about freedom of choice. It angers me that the nice warm weather is given, handed on a silver platter by state regulators, to the non-gun hunters.

I want to be a shaker and a mover. I want to stir the pot in state legislatures. I'm looking for fellow soldiers in orange to join me. American gun hunters are badly abused by state bureaucrats. There's too much government hiding behind every bush and tree.

I want FAIR treatment as a gun hunter. What if soldiers in the Orange Army were to march on state capitols in orange hunting vests, orange baseball hats with hunting rifles in hand to protest?

I want to seriously take action so that America's gun hunters get a fair shake. I want to be able to CHOOSE what month I can shoot my doe in with my gun. America is all about freedom of choice. It angers me that the nice warm weather is given, handed on a silver platter by state regulators, to the non-gun hunters.

I want to be a shaker and a mover. I want to stir the pot in state legislatures. I'm looking for fellow soldiers in orange to join me. American gun hunters are badly abused by state bureaucrats. There's too much government hiding behind every bush and tree.

I want FAIR treatment as a gun hunter.
I wanted to be 6-6” 260 and play pro football and basketball.

So that's why they introduced global warming.... Once they do away with cold weather, no more gun hunting in the cold, and no more guns...

Give me a break.

I want FAIR treatment as a gun hunter. What if soldiers in the Orange Army were to march on state capitols in orange hunting vests, orange baseball hats with hunting rifles in hand to protest?

Rifle season starts in early October in most of the west. Move there if you want earlier hunting opportunities.

It's not the fault of wildlife managers that you can't handle the weather of the state you chose to live in.

Are there any fellow gun hunters here that feel the way Peter Frampton and I do?
Well, I don't know how Peter feels about it, but do YOU feel like I do?

Last edited:
After an appetizer of stuffed hatch green chile cheesy bread, I ate an entire pound of smoked chicken wings last night, washed down with two Cali Creamin’ Ales.

After an appetizer of stuffed hatch green chile cheesy bread, I ate an entire pound of smoked chicken wings last night, washed down with two Cali Creamin’ Ales.

I was just wondering when the last time we had a cheese thread was? I havent been really active lately but I feel like it's been quite a while.

We just attended a local cheese festival a few weeks ago and it seemed like truffle cheese was very popular.

Slooooow your roll there Double T, don’t want you to get your thermal panties in a knot! I was just suggesting that it’s a tad confusing to mention Iowa’s rifle deer season to that of a state that sometimes doesn’t even see weather until duck seasons almost over.
Kinda like me comparing Oregons spring bear hunting to Hawaiis (well maybe not quite that drastic but…)

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back