Conspiracy against gun hunters in America?

I want to seriously take action so that America's gun hunters get a fair shake. I want to be able to CHOOSE what month I can shoot my doe in with my gun. America is all about freedom of choice. It angers me that the nice warm weather is given, handed on a silver platter by state regulators, to the non-gun hunters.

I want to be a shaker and a mover. I want to stir the pot in state legislatures. I'm looking for fellow soldiers in orange to join me. American gun hunters are badly abused by state bureaucrats. There's too much government hiding behind every bush and tree.

I want FAIR treatment as a gun hunter. What if soldiers in the Orange Army were to march on state capitols in orange hunting vests, orange baseball hats with hunting rifles in hand to protest?
Yet here you sit on a stupid chat board just complaining....lol

Yeah this is a very unique perspective wanting earlier gun seasons for the reasons stated. I vote he move to montana and get them on board with earlier gun seasons😂

I believe this whole anti-modern-deer-gun movement is to deter hunting altogether. Gun hunters seem discriminated against.

When things get complicated and messy, it puts many guys off and they give up. Many guys gave up ducks and geese when steel shot was once forced.

Why in the devil should archers and muzzle-loaders have longer seasons with more favorable (warmer) weather? Is it fair? The modern gunners, muzzle-loaders and archers should have at least the same number of days in warmer weather as they do in colder weather. Also, gun hunters should have equal opportunity for does during more favorable (warmer) weather.

If Iowa would at least allow modern guns at least as early as mid November as many other states do, I wouldn't be so unhappy. Instead, Hawkeye state modern gunners have to wait until after the first of December to utilize devices burning smokeless powder, fixed ammunition and repeating actions. They must slug out the nasty snows.

I once hunted in California mid-October with a modern rifle in the 1990's. back then modern guns could come out as early as October. There seems to have been a progressive movement to push modern gunners (firearms hunters) into the colder later months. What is the POLITICS behind this all?
Lurking is underrated…just saying.

If you can't handle fall weather in Iowa, might want to reconsider your move from the south.
Well, I have yet to live and/or hunt in Iowa. Perhaps, I should hold my tongue until I actually move there and feel out an entire year there of climate. I have more important reasons than hunting to move to Iowa anyway. At least the doves in IA seem very promising as to what I've read thus far. Again, I might be able to get a disability permit from a doctor in IA to get a few nice days in October to sport my gun for deer. I do get chest pains and asthma attacks if the weather is chilly enough. I can generally handle 40+ temps pretty well if bundled up.

I can't stay in Oklahoma for much longer. It sucks here so bad that Texas won't even drift away into the Gulf of Mexico. Better jobs and housing opportunities for me in middle American states closer to the Canadian border than to the Mexican border.

Did you mean to say 1890's?
Some general hunts are over BEFORE October, most Sept. to mid-October.
On October 15, 1996, on a sunny dewey morning, I got a deer in California B-2 zone. I can't recall what day the deer season ended that year but I was legal with a tag. I was under a paid guide on private land. Yes, venison in the freezer even before little monsters in Halloween masks came knocking at my door. In Trinity County that morning, it was cool, damp but pleasant in my Pendleton wool shirt. It got so warm in the afternoon on the same day I had to take off the buffalo plaid shirt and shoot ground squirrels in my T shirt on Mr. Rourke's ranch. There are no cammies or face paint on me. No tupper guns either. I have had old-fashioned gentlemanly notions of hunting having read my grandfather's Outdoor Life magazines in the 1970's and features by Jack O'Connor. California got too painfully expensive, anti-gun and hunting-unfriendly for me to continue to live there after 1999. Left-coast politics and economics aside, California has the most perfect natural beauty anywhere in America or the world. Certain humans screwed that all up. Most everything bad is all man's fault.

Attachments

• 96 deer hunt.jpg
    96 deer hunt.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
I'm trying to say I'm sensitive to cold weather. The question I'm trying to hammer home is why in the hell are gun hunters forced in Iowa to suffer in freezing weather? I just want a damned doe anyway. I mentioned California because I was happy and warm in October when I took my deer there in 1996. I didn't ask and answer a damned thing.
Where I hunt in NY our shotgun deer season doesn't open until the first Sunday in January. It sucks but it’s just something we have to live with. By that time a lot of deer have actually started to shed their antlers. A few nice bucks get taken the first couple days of season but it’s mostly a month long meat hunt with lots of does and shed bucks getting shot

Where I hunt in NY our shotgun deer season doesn't open until the first Sunday in January. It sucks but it’s just something we have to live with. By that time a lot of deer have actually started to shed their antlers. A few nice bucks get taken the first couple days of season but it’s mostly a month long meat hunt with lots of does and shed bucks getting shot
Strong Island for real.

Isn’t that more because it’s flat with a lot of population density? Think the idea was that there’s not as many people out walking their dogs in January.

You guys have a pretty generous archery season though.

Strong Island for real.

Isn’t that more because it’s flat with a lot of population density? Think the idea was that there’s not as many people out walking their dogs in January.

You guys have a pretty generous archery season though.
We do have a long archery season which is nice. I agree and think the late season is due to the amount of non hunters in the woods. I still enjoy the gun season tho. When most other states deer seasons are over our gun season starts and is a good way to fill the freezer. I just got a scoped Remington 1100 semi 12 I am itching to use for that season next year

Would you really be happier with a .300 Savage and a Pontiac than a Toyota Tundra and a 12 ga slug gun?
a Toyota Tundra and a 12 ga slug gun: provided the Toyota was in very good condition if not brand new

Guess which item of the two I would never use, and probably sell, if I had both.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ram0307
Back