Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Colorado Tag

Adamky

I have never rifle hunted elk in Colorado before And I got drawn for first rifle antler tag. Can I buy a cow tag as well or is the tag I have an either sex tag? Also are there bear tags available for otc during this season? Thanks.

You need to tell us whether your tag is either sex, and then you need to look at the unit that you drew and see if cow tags are list A or list B tags.

You cannot have two list A tags and all bull/either sex tags are list A.

Some cow tags are list A and some are list B.

You can have two list B or one list A and one list B tag.

If it’s and antler tag then it’s an antlered tag

I would assume

Definitely need more info on your tag and unit hunting, the co brochure has everything you need to know about a,b, and c tags. Then it will depend on availability

Thanks guys. The regs out there are very different than I’m use to in Kentucky. I appreciate the info.

Definitely need more info on your tag and unit hunting, the co brochure has everything you need to know about a,b, and c tags. Then it will depend on availability
So I do have a list A tag. I got an email today. I never did find any info on whether a cow tag was available or not.

For that cluster of units cow tags were drawn with 0 pts last year and they are "B" tags. There is a decent chance that you could have a shot at drawing one in the upcoming secondary draw. Your tag is an ANTLERED elk only tag. You can always tell in CO by the hunt code.....the code for your hunt is EM-041-01-R. Spelled out that means ElkMale-041 (units listed in that cluster are 41,42,52,411, 421 and 521)-01 (season)-Rifle (manner of take). It also appears bear tags are OTC for that season/GMU as well (see page 66 of the brochure). If you want to look at draw statistics go here... https://cpw.state.co.us/thingstodo/Pages/Statistics.aspx

Hope that helps

Gotcha. Thanks fellas. I’m looking forward to the trip. Been there once archery hunting and had an awesome time. Never slung an arrow but the mountains are an awesome experience. Killing is just The icing if you will.

and report back. You are a brand new member here so hang around and stay awhile... 42 is my back yard.
Ah that’s cool! I’m going to hit up 42 and 411 I think. Looks like nice terrain in there and I like the look of the grand Mesa area anyway. I plan to camp back in there as far as I can make it.

Ah that’s cool! I’m going to hit up 42 and 411 I think. Looks like nice terrain in there and I like the look of the grand Mesa area anyway. I plan to camp back in there as far as I can make it.
Correction. 41 42 and 411. Sorry. We are going to scout those three units before the hunt.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back