MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

CO Sheep and Goat Raffle

I don’t really drink much beer any more. Cheap date. That said, I know five guys with sheep tags this year already, so September is kind of booked.

That works out fine, because I'll be hunting them during the December dates when I win!

Reactions: Oak
Here is the CPW fact sheet about the Chancellor Ranch hunt.

"Guiding Services: Hunt will be guided at no cost by Chaquaco Cattle Company (Steve Wooten,
Recreational and Agricultural Lessee on ranch, 719-384-5813) if license holder wants
assistance. Rocky Mountain Bighorn Society will also provide helper/assistance if requested.
License holder may also hunt without guide or with own licensed guide."

Who wants to go sheep hunting with me? :LOL:
I plunked down last week for my ticket.

I'll see Steve later this summer and fall (have hunted turkeys down there several times and gotten to know him a little bit) - trust me, there is no one down there that knows the country and especially the history of the Sheep as well as Steve does. And while it's 'non-traditional' Rocky sheep habitat (by modern measures anyway) - it is damn cool country.

I plunked down last week for my ticket.

I'll see Steve later this summer and fall (have hunted turkeys down there several times and gotten to know him a little bit) - trust me, there is no one down there that knows the country and especially the history of the Sheep as well as Steve does. And while it's 'non-traditional' Rocky sheep habitat (by modern measures anyway) - it is damn cool country.
Amazing country down there.

Congratulations to the winner. Guess I will go chukar hunting instead.

Next year will be my year! Congrats to the lucky winners of the raffle.

I can't imagine the feeling of getting that call. Congrats to the lucky Canuck
No kidding.

Oak - I have spent a decent amount of time down there and, secret out, have finallly thrown off my 16 points to deer hunt the Purgatoire RFW (with/after long conversations with Steve) this fall. Happy to talk to the lucky winner about the general area as well as about Steve and the excellent job he has done upholding the principles of CO’s RFW program. While there are some mediocre to downright bad actors in the RFW program, Steve and Purg/Chancellor are 110% the good guys. Really excited this tag has gone to a public Hunter in a special place.

Back