CO Sheep and Goat Raffle

looks like a glitch in system, cannot buy tickets. Says deadline is today, 8pm............. nope

I ended up deciding that $275 for a .7% chance at a sheep tag in Idaho wasn't very good bang for my buck so I bought a few more tickets yesterday. Probably still worse odds on the raffle, but at least I think the money is going to a better cause or at least it will be spent a little more wisely.

Reactions: Oak
looks like a glitch in system, cannot buy tickets. Says deadline is today, 8pm............. nope

Not that I want more competition for the drawing, but I just tried it and it is working for me. You might double check in a different browser or something.

EDIT - Nevermind, when you get all the way to checkout it says they are no longer available to purchase.

There is a glitch. The cutoff was mistakenly set for 1:00 AM today, and my web person is at a funeral back east. I'm working to get it back up. :cry:

Thats some black magic witchcraft stuff right there. Do you believe in................ I do too.

Reactions: Oak
Oak, I wont' be at the banquet to accept the sheep tag in person, but feel free to call me with the good news. :)

They know just how to play with me. Bighorn sheep winning ticket #03274. My ticket number #03277. That's as close as I've ever come to hitting the right number anyway. Congrats to the winner.

They know just how to play with me. Bighorn sheep winning ticket #03274. My ticket number #03277. That's as close as I've ever come to hitting the right number anyway. Congrats to the winner.
Sorry, publichunter1, it looks like you purchased you ticket 10 minutes after the winner was sold. Good times on Saturday...glad it's over. The winners are below. Thanks to everyone that supported the cause. The sheep tag winner won the goat tag a few years ago. Some guys have all the luck....

Question: Are you more likely to win if you purchase your ticket in person? I don't know, but this year 3 winners purchased online, two at the WSF convention in Reno, and two at the banquet Saturday. There is now a video of the "big 3" drawing posted on the RMBS Facebook page.

Bighorn sheep - Greg Spurgeon, Indiana, Ticket No. 03274

Mountain goat - Cedric Leviner, Colorado, Ticket No. 00553

Pronghorn - Tom Krutsch, Colorado, Ticket No. 00444

Weaver 6.5 Creedmoor - Ashlee Reynolds, Colorado, Ticket No. 00484

Weaver .300 Win. Mag. - Eric Govan, California, Ticket No. 00122

Swarovski #1 - Bob Dickson, Yukon, Ticket No. 00058

Swarovski #2 - Florencio Mondragon, Colorado, Ticket No. 00049

There is one more chance to win a Colorado sheep license this year. The winner of the Chancellor Ranch license will be the only sheep hunter on the ranch, which consists of 51,000 acres of rocky canyons, rolling grasslands, plateaus, cliffs, and mesa tops at approximately 5,500 feet elevation. The terrain of the ranch is much less rugged than typical Colorado bighorn sheep habitat. This is a free range, fair chase hunting opportunity. The winner will receive a license valid September 1-30 and December 1-31, 2019. The current bighorn sheep population estimate for unit S61 is 475, the largest in the state. This would be an excellent opportunity for a bow hunter. The 2018 hunter killed a ram with his bow in one day of hunting. Get tickets here. The winner will be drawn in less than 3 weeks.

For those who may be wondering, the Chancellor Ranch is State Trust Land managed by the State Land Board. Revenue generated by this raffle is split between the SLB and RMBS 75/25. The SLB is required to consult with CPW and completed a minimum of 500 acres of habitat treatment to benefit sheep on the ranch. RMBS will use their portion of revenue to fund other conservation projects throughout the state.

Chancellor Ranch (8) small.JPGIMG_1073 small.JPGChancellorRanchBoundarySmall.jpg

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tinhunter
Back