CO Sheep and Goat Raffle

Oak

Expert
Here's my obligatory annual post reminding you to purchase raffle tickets for the Colorado statewide bighorn sheep, mountain goat, and pronghorn raffles. There are also a couple of sweet custom rifles and Swarovski optics. Information and get those tickets here!

These are the last 4 raffle rams killed. None of these hunters were outfitted.
IMG_3321.PNG

This year we are also raffling a Chancellor Ranch State Trust Land bighorn sheep license, valid for two full months on the 51,000 acre ranch. This is a low fence, fair chase hunt in unit S61, which has a current population estimate of 475 sheep. One license is issued on the ranch each year. The first year (2017) was a public draw license and the hunter killed a 182" ram. Last year it was an auction license that sold for $96,000, and the hunter killed a nice ram with his bow in one day of hunting. Information and get those tickets here.

This is the first Chancellor ram killed in 2017. Good luck!

ChancellorRamSmall.jpg

I may have used up all my luck last year, but I’m in. Great cause and thanks for all your work for RMBS.

Reactions: Oak
$96,000 for an auction bighorn sheep tag these days? Wow! You could almost put one child through a four-year public university at that price in most states, excluding book fees.

I might be a terrible parent but I’d find much more value in a 180” bighorn on my wall than an overpriced piece of paper. I have multiple degrees and I’m encouraging my son to learn a trade. Be a great reliable, professional plumber, electrician, mechanic, finish work.....man the worlds your oyster.

Last week to buy! (thank God) Sales down, odds up!

If you've purchased in the last few days and you haven't received your tickets yet, be patient with me, please. :oops:

The return on my wife's and my myself's higher education has been enormous. Education, planning and diligence is a profitable investment.

Anyway I bought some tickets

Last edited:
Reactions: Oak
Thanks, guys. Still plowing through orders. You likely won't see odds this good again, due to the extra sheep raffle this year.
2019 vs. 2018 ticket sales to date:

Bighorn sheep: -23.5%
Mountain goat: -31%
Pronghorn: -28%

Winners drawn a week from today!

Hump Day Bump- Only a few days left to buy tickets. You can kill some great animals on those tags. If it helps sales I don't plan on buying myself any sheep or mt goat tickets this year. I plan on drawing my tags in Colorado for bighorn sheep mountain goat and moose this years so I may be busy. ;-)

Sandbrew

PS All three of these were shot with a custom 300 WSM Weaver Rifle from Kevin Weaver......that I purchased. All one shot kills. That rifle is deadly!

If you're wondering, yes, Sandbrew killed all of those on statewide raffle licenses that he won.

And there are not a few days left to purchase. Tomorrow evening around 8 PM the sales page shuts off, and I'm not opening it back up for love or money. :sleep:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back