PEAX Equipment

Bill barring permits in MO Breaks and other districts pops up

Really iam tired of this $hit. Lets come together. Actual ranchers ( no dude ranches). Public land hunter. Out of state hunters. Lets vote in people that will do what is best for everyone. Granted not everything is peaches and cream. I know there are people on this site that would be great for all. Make it public make it no bull shit. When we vote u in and they take u to apple bees tell them to FO.

I think you’re talking about Craig Neal? He’s an outfitter out of Big Timber
Ha! He spoke at the SB143 hearing. He told a heart wrenching story about how he bought the Broken Hart Ranch 3 years ago, then had to tell Momma he only got 3 elk clients for the 2020 season. He blamed it on the Texas style leasing of ranches around him, whose leaseholders "knew how to get their clients tags". I guess these random hunting clubs can figure out Montana's draw system but the outfitters can't.

I really don't understand who in the hell is going to bother paying for an overpriced Montana elk tag to shoot a raghorn. I know Montana is an opportunity state but my god...

@MTLabrador any word back on your email to RMEF? I know it’s not CO wolves but this seems relevant.
I emailed the Montana chapter leadership, nothing yet. Seems relevant to me too, wolves will be a drop in the bucket compared to this when it comes to impacts on elk.

I emailed the Montana chapter leadership, nothing yet. Seems relevant to me too, wolves will be a drop in the bucket compared to this when it comes to impacts on elk.

MT Chapter Leadership are all volunteers. State volunteers are not the decision makers on policy issues for RMEF. Email or call HQ in Missoula.

Sad we are fighting against bills to not make things worse instead of fighting for bills that could actually improve everybody’s hunting.
This is wisdom. Couldn't you get a senator to introduce a bill that would do this or start a ballot initiative to let montana parks and wildlife manage wildlife not politicians. I could see Fin in a commercial saying currently the fastest way to a wildlife degree is get elected. I have just started following these issues that have come up and was thinking of doing a bow hunt for elk in 2 years. Now I can see best to not even get started and go elsewhere or like point schemes get involved in the slaughter at the start or not at all.🤪

This bill is horrible. It will destroy the hunting in a lot of great units which are great because permits are limited. The word “sustainable” is a trick. once it gets hold this buzzword will get written into every hunting law It will be used to destroy the age class and population levels of elk and deer. Who gets to define what “sustainable is”. the people that use this kind of language would tell you what a sustainable amount of beer is for you and issue you beer ration tickets and probably would want to tell you what a sustainable amount of fun you’re allowed to have with your missus. This is eco warrior language being used to lure hunters into getting excited about shooting more game in the short run with the long term goal of ruining hunting and fostering accelerated decline in hunter recruitment. I hate to make this political but everything is being pushed at us with political goals. These bills that keep popping up are horrendous. These legislators need to be shown the door at the next opportunity

I just called RMEF headquarters and the woman answering the phone said she hadn’t heard about the issue yet from phone calls or correspondence she had received. Let’s start the same outreach that helped turn the ship on 143. I’ve e-mailed the committee and Kassmier directly as well and reached out to resident family and friends to start mobilizing the resident crowd. It looks like it is going to be a rough ride until this session closes

I just called RMEF headquarters and the woman answering the phone said she hadn’t heard about the issue yet from phone calls or correspondence she had received. Let’s start the same outreach that helped turn the ship on 143. I’ve e-mailed the committee and Kassmier directly as well and reached out to resident family and friends to start mobilizing the resident crowd. It looks like it is going to be a rough ride until this session closes

1613592139232.png

Friend just forwarded me an email from their local gun club saying this bill will be up today. Has anyone else heard this? Website isn’t updated yet.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KJ1225
Back