MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Bill barring permits in MO Breaks and other districts pops up

This bill sucks in a lot of ways.

The one that hurts a lot is that having these LE areas gives me something to dream about buying points. It is awesome knowing that eventually I will get to hunt a "premiere" area in such a great state. This bill would eliminate that dream for myself and many others like me. Sure I could forgo the wait if this past and join the slaughter for 1 maybe 2 years than what? It would be cool if my daughters could also have a crack at these units.
If this bill passes, restraint only ensures you’ll never get a chance to hunt mature bulls in those units.

If this bill passes, restraint only ensures you’ll never get a chance to hunt mature bulls in those units.

If this passes I will 100% guarantee you that you won't see me there 😀. I refuse to be part of the problem and if that means I will never get to hunt mature bulls in those areas I guess so be it. I will be able to sleep just fine.

If this passes I will 100% guarantee you that you won't see me there 😀. I refuse to be part of the problem and if that means I will never get to hunt mature bulls in those areas I guess so be it. I will be able to sleep just fine.
I bet there is a large percentage of guys just hoping this bill passes. mtmuley

I would like to think this bill doesn’t have a chance. Right? Please tell me I’m right.
I keep telling myself the same thing, a person with 2 brain cells would know this is a bad idea. Although then you look at the comments that Gomer posted early on in the thread from I believe a rep.

"It creates tremendous opportunities so what's the issue"

Lord Jesus I hope this doesn't pass.....

The correlation between this bill and the outfitter deal just fit together almost in a scary way..... like the end for a lot of things.

It'll be the kiss of death

I keep telling myself the same thing, a person with 2 brain cells would know this is a bad idea. Although then you look at the comments that Gomer posted early on in the thread from I believe a rep.

"It creates tremendous opportunities so what's the issue"

Lord Jesus I hope this doesn't pass.....
I think you’re talking about Craig Neal? He’s an outfitter out of Big Timber

I think you’re talking about Craig Neal? He’s an outfitter out of Big Timber
Can't be an outfitter they showed up hats in hand a couple weeks ago talking about how they want what is best for the animals and management of the animals. This bill does exactly the opposite of that.

I bet there is a large percentage of guys just hoping this bill passes. mtmuley
I just want to shoot a 6 point, and when I can not find a 6 point I am pulling the trigger on a raghorn, and if there are no raghorns to be found a spike is going down and when I can not find a spike I am going to stare across the fence at all the elk and complain about the rancher making tens of thousands shooting elk.

I just want to shoot a 6 point, and when I can not find a 6 point I am pulling the trigger on a raghorn, and if there are no raghorns to be found a spike is going down and when I can not find a spike I am going to stare across the fence at all the elk and complain about the rancher making tens of thousands shooting elk.
Might as well make elk hunting the same as deer hunting.

I wonder what the inflated cost of an already inflated cost would get to for a outfitted mature bull in Mt.

Is it crazy to think 20k in some areas and that would be a bargain maybe.

This has been introduced as HB417

It would forbid special permits in units that are over population objectives pursuant to 87-1-323 which declares that “ The department shall consider the specific concerns of private landowners when determining sustainable numbers”

So the specific concerns of any Montana private landowners? Or is it just the poor ranchers and farmers that have the misfortune of having a wild animal on their property?

I wonder what the inflated cost of an already inflated cost would get to for a outfitted mature bull in Mt.

Is it crazy to think 20k in some areas and that would be a bargain maybe.
I don't think 20k was far off what Diamond Cross was getting for a rifle bull elk hunt. Of course they were not selling many rifle bull elk hunts as tags were hard to come by. I am sure that if this bill was to pass most of the big outfitted places in the breaks and other big bull units would shoot there bulls down to a 320 is a good one quality in a matter of a few years.

Sadly as too many know. Hunting in mt is not what it once was. They are ( they the rich, the dude ranches, the people for sale, are selling mt) what if in every county in mt we the 99% voted in good people willing to do the right thing for all. They pass bills and regs all the time, so what. Pass the right ones. The people dem Republican what ever cant change to pass bills to benefit residents, actual ranchers, non residents. Its obvious what alot of hunters want trophy units to apply for. Actual ranches to make it pass it on to there kinn . Seems simple too me. Make it all public and truthful.

The 99 % control 99 % of the votes. Start a thread on countys in mt, people to vote in. Based off of will that person do the right thing. And then go up to govenor. Seems they like to keep us arguing amongst each other. Than actually doing something about it. Out of state hunters, ect ya influence mt. But really its easy to go on a elk hunt. Cost your trip. Public is brutal because mt is becoming privatized. Yes u can joe rogan it or cam hanes it. Pay to shoot a bull that most 8 yr olds in rural areas of mt could kill. Deer i wouldnt buy a tag unless u put in for the top 3 units LE mt. But yes if u go private ya u can kill a good buck. But just know my youngest boy could do the same. Its a shame. Mt should be buying land and there would be more tags and oppurtunity for all. Actual ranches would thrive. Less competition.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back