Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Bill barring permits in MO Breaks and other districts pops up

Is this bill for real? Hopefully, I am misunderstanding something, and this would not apply to virtually all of the elk limited draw permits in the eastern half of Montana?

Jersey Greg may as well just nuke the FWP Commission. Who the hell needs it when every Johnny Come Lately Congress person can come in and write their own wildlife bill?

This is reaching a special kind of stupid.

Um, yeah it pretty much would. It could also affect the Elkhorns, the Devils Kitchen, the Beartooth, Sweetgrass Hills...
Looks like greenhorn is gonna be blowing up my inbox for elk hunting spots next year

Seems like it’s conservatives that are trying to turn MT into CO by pandering to parasitic outfitters and killing every elk with more than four points.

i read the bill hopefully correctly, it states that if deer,elk, antelope, moose are over objective “ they may not set limits” and mentions a 12hr. Notice of close of season, which I assume means hunters would have to call in with harvest? I could be wrong😳

Seems to be an opportune time to implement antlerless only harvest in those districts and eliminate any bull harvest.

The population objectives in a lot of those units are WAY under carrying capacity. Population objectives are set by social intolerance of elk that eat grass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back