Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Bill barring permits in MO Breaks and other districts pops up

i read the bill hopefully correctly, it states that if deer,elk, antelope, moose are over objective “ they may not set limits” and mentions a 12hr. Notice of close of season, which I assume means hunters would have to call in with harvest? I could be wrong😳
So just open season until you hit population objective? Why not just shoot everything from a helicopter in the winter and distribute the meat to poor saps with unfilled tags? Just get it over with

So just open season until you hit population objective? Why not just shoot everything from a helicopter in the winter and distribute the meat to poor saps with unfilled tags? Just get it over with
I agree and I already have the solution.

When a rancher complains of elk damage, fire up the helicopters, get the OO buck out and start killing elk as fast you can. Bulls die first...when they're gone, then kill the cows/calves. Fly and aerial gun until they're gone and aren't coming back.

Only thing I disagree with is giving the meat to anyone, it feeds coyotes or rots...period.

The Legislature and some landowners in MT believe elk are no better than knapweed...well, then treat them like knapweed.

Montana truly taking stupid to places its never been...

Jersey Greg may as well just nuke the FWP Commission. Who the hell needs it when every Johnny Come Lately Congress person can come in and write their own wildlife bill?

This is reaching a special kind of stupid.
And the unfortunate reality is that we no longer have Bullock around to veto these horrible bills that WILL pass in the Montana Republican House and Senate

And the unfortunate reality is that we no longer have Bullock around to veto these horrible bills that WILL pass in the Montana Republican House and Senate
Totally agree with you.

Elections have consequences...I find it hard to feel sorry for the majority who asked for what they're about to get.

Unfortunately everybody gets to grab their ankles...even those that don't deserve it.

Totally agree with you.

Elections have consequences...I find it hard to feel sorry for the majority who asked for what they're about to get.

Unfortunately everybody gets to grab their ankles...even those that don't deserve it.
Yep,

Jersey Greg, California Steve, and Maryland Matt have a disdain for sportsmen, public land, and Montanans in general.

The damage will be severe

I probably should have said I’m Not in favor of this Bill!

I could pack up and head to Wyoming.
Only thing stopping me is knowing the natives would call me an immigrate.
YOu could move to Wisconsin where they are under orders to open the wolf season in 2 weeks. :)

I've read some pretty stupid stuff in my life but this 100% takes the cake! I feel bad for you folks in MT.

YOu could move to Wisconsin where they are under orders to open the wolf season in 2 weeks. :)

Shouldve never closed 5 years ago!

Based on the caliber of this proposed legislation (and this legislative session in general), perhaps the long running Montana experiment of part-time legislators that are in session for only 90 working days every odd year has outlived whatever usefulness it may have provided in the past; especially, in the present hyperpartisan environment. There appear to be very few, if any, guardrails in the present Montana legislative process to put it mildly, as legislators rush to ramrod ill-conceived legislation in the 90 working day session. To me this process seems like a complete dumpster fire, where the sponsoring legislators don’t even have any practical understanding of the potential far-ranging implications of their own proposed legislation (that was basically drafted for them by lobbyists).

However, on the positive side, we only have to endure this once every two years; although, at this juncture, there may not be much left in two years at this rate!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back