Judge orders Wisconsin DNR to start wolf hunt this month

“The department had planned to start the season this November but national hunting advocacy group Hunter Nation filed a lawsuit earlier this month to force an immediate start. Online court records show Jefferson County Circuit Judge Bennett Brantmeier ordered the DNR on Thursday to hold the season this month. DNR spokeswoman Sarah Hoye had no immediate comment.”

It certainly is the worst reporting I have seen. That paragraph is the end of the article. I mean, there IS more right? One group files a lawsuit and a Judge says start it up? Seems unlikely the stand if there isn’t a legal argument.

No, why is it dumb? Anti hunting groups sue to stop hunts all the time. Its refreshing to see a pro hunting group successfully sue to start one.
Seriously?

It's Feb 11 - the 12th tomorrow. In 2 weeks they have to come up with a management plan, a lottery system, distribute the tags and all the while being fair and objective.

And, Wisconsin, like just about every other state, as dramatically defunded natural resource management.

This is asking for the feds to step back in.

You are joking right?

Not joking. Let it roll. Open it up, sort shit out later. Wolves wont be extirpated by hunting alone. Let the people play. Theyre federally delisted, are they not? So how would this get the feds involved. State issue

Seriously?

It's Feb 11 - the 12th tomorrow. In 2 weeks they have to come up with a management plan, a lottery system, distribute the tags and all the while being fair and objective.

And, Wisconsin, like just about every other state, as dramatically defunded natural resource management.

This is asking for the feds to step back in.

You are joking right?

System is in place already. All our licensing is online and actually works unlike some western states I've applied in. Buy your tag limit 1 wolf, online registration when quota is hit bam season closed. Pretty easy to do.

Population grew some 15% from 2019-2020 putting the population estimate at over 1000 animals. Pack estimates have also gone up.

Everything was already built into the licensing program pretty easy key stroke to turn it on and let people buy.

It's not like we have a handful of wolves running around. Population is really strong manage a few of them.

I doubt this judges order stands but like mentioned above it is nice to see something pro hunting flip the finger like anti-hunters do all the time.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st BDX Scope
Back