Judge orders Wisconsin DNR to start wolf hunt this month

What does the data say about Wolves in Wisconsin? I am not familiar with the state.
Are the deer numbers struggling? I read somewhere they are trying to build an elk population up. Is the elk population not growing? I am interested in official population estimates/trends, not anecdotal.

So coyotes, fox, lions,bobcat, lynx probably marten, fisher, and the neighbors dog.
Obviously you don't place it near residential areas.
Not sure on marten and fisher, but they rest could use some thining too. Especially lions.

Who is in charge of which numbers are good numbers and which numbers are nonsense?
On one hand there was an agreement made and not followed.
On the other there was an agreement made and not followed.
So yea, their both BS.

Last edited:
What does the data say about Wolves in Wisconsin? I am not familiar with the state.
Are the deer numbers struggling? I read somewhere they are trying to build an elk population up. Is the elk population not growing? I am interested in official population estimates/trends, not anecdotal.
Deer numbers are very much struggling in the northern part of the state along with the Upper Peninsula of MI.

Obviously you don't place it near residential areas.
Not sure on marten and fisher, but they rest could use some thining too. Especially lions.
So now you are ok poisoning a big game animal?

Last edited:
Poison all the extra elk while you’re at it. They’ll get down to objectives.

In what way would it be better for the elk? Idaho recently had the second best stretch of elk harvest in the state's history and Wyoming is at or above MO for 29 of the state's 35 elk herds, both have had wolves for some time now. They are trying to decrease elk numbers according to WGFD. Similar stats can be found for other states. We can give it some more time I suppose but I don't see the elk vacuum everyone was screaming about. How many elk do you want?
It would be better because bears are omnivores and will eat from multiple food sources where as wolves are exclusively carnivores and only consume meat. Also bears aren’t in packs and conduct surplus killings merely because they can. Also griz scare other humans which means more dispersed hunting pressure across public lands. Also it would limit hunting to people who can overcome their fear of being in the mountains with griz. Whereas as wolves don’t mess with people this having no affect on hunting participation levels.

Back