Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Bill barring permits in MO Breaks and other districts pops up

Yes landowners should get a tag (1) in LE units. Not a sell able tag though. I would be pissed if i couldnt hunt my own back yard too. Transferable points total garbage. I would give my points to my kids but that opens a door for $$$.

Lots going on behind the scenes. Hope we get to see some other bills go down in the next week.

There are some people doing amazing work against some very difficult headwinds. For their work and their wisdom, Montana hunters are indebted. I am trying to figure out what kind of awards would be worthy of their efforts, but I fear I am without ideas that would match the level of gratitude they are due.

What I've observed confirms the old axiom to never underestimate the value of strong personal relationships.

And to think I took Thursday off for the sole purpose of going to Helena where I can joust with legislators and film the rest of our video series - "Civics for Hunters." I had hoped to testify against this bill. I shall go regardless, as the legislature always provides entertainment worth the time and gas to go there.

Edit added - And never underestimate the power of an activated, professional, and passionate cadre of hunters who can bring a lot of pressure. At times that effort is ignored by some, but eventually those with good judgement realize how the comments are stacking up and what kind of backlash they are about to unleash.

Last edited:
The ass kissers would prefer you use the term “friends”
When you are a landowner you find out who your true friends are and who is just interested kissing your ass so they have a place to hunt. With me the more people bug me about hunting the more they get pushed to the back of the line.
If I was ever to take money form an outfitter, this would be one of the top reasons. Would be very convenient to have someone else decides who gets to hunt.

When you are a landowner you find out who your true friends are and who is just interested kissing your ass so they have a place to hunt. With me the more people bug me about hunting the more they get pushed to the back of the line.
If I was ever to take money form an outfitter, this would be one of the top reasons. Would be very convenient to have someone else decides who gets to hunt.
Yep, we had a guy who never once showed up to do any form of help on the place. But was always on time to make a phone call come September. For some reason my dad always said yes. Now that he has passed that answer is a resounding NO.

Why, advocating for political sides is not part of their mission, never has been, never will be.
RMEF routinely engages in lobbying efforts around specific bills or programs across the US. Advocating for good policy isn't a republican versus democrat issue, it's an issue of standing up for conservation & your membership.

Good for Kassmier to pull the bill. If you have the time, send him a thank you.

Brace for the Galt bill, as that's going to be their pivot plan. With the power of the Speakership behind it, it's going to be tough to kill.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mthunter137
Back