Big OTC bull

I'd give my left nut for one like that about now.

Dude, with the Huntress you just put a ring on, you are gonna need the left one........ and the right one. Better keep 'em both, and if it gets to be tough hunting, she seems like she could put some elk on the ground for you. :D

Oak,

Thanks for the story and pics. Nothing wrong with that bull and lots of people would like to have him. I like Jose's take on it "you taught him a lesson!" :D

nice job Oak. wow, great sunrise pic.

Dude, with the Huntress you just put a ring on, you are gonna need the left one........ and the right one. Better keep 'em both, and if it gets to be tough hunting, she seems like she could put some elk on the ground for you. :D

Ouch!
Funny, yet uncomfortably true....

Well, I'm glad Oak decided to paint me into such an undeserving, favorable light! ;) It was a great time in some neat country. This trip did remind me of some things: 1. I am good elk hunting mojo for others. 2. I am too fat and out of shape (thanks to Oak for waiting on me the whole week). 3. elk are where you find them, not always where they 'should' be. 4. I need to stick to my personal "Code" more about packing out meat with the bones still attached. :D

One thing that was a bit of a disappointment on this hunt for myself (and I think Oak) was the absolute utter respect all the ATVers showed for the travel restrictions in the area!!! Definitely very little to anything to complain about except that I didn't have one! ;)

I did see some very interesting techniques for taking care of meat by some other hunters in the unit. I've never thought of cutting the hind's off an elk and dragging them down a dirt road to the ATV without any bag! Nor have I thought of hanging a deer on a on a fence post next to a county road in 50+ degreee heat. May or may not employ some of these in the future... ;)

Hey that bull is/was a scrappper. Look how the points are busted at the tips. Always better to be hunting and then packing out elk than not hunting...

Oak, remind me to never borrow you any equipment. Nice bull.
So you think your flat was from running over a trekking pole?

I'm guessing the flat was from the road that was graded earlier that day... But, the trekking pole causing the flat would have been funnier!

What I really like about Oak is he is NO SHOWOFF..... He shoots a 360" bull and cuts all the Tines in half to make crap hunters like myself feel better :)

Sounds like you boyz had a Typical fun hunt !!! Congrats.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Big daddy
Back