Caribou Gear

Are you the next outdoor tv host?

WSP

**Posted with prior permission & approval from Big Fin - Randy**

Warm Springs Productions (the television production company producing On Your Own Adventures) is gearing up for production of a brand new outdoor series. It will be a road-trip style reality/outdoor series led by two young, dynamic hosts who travel the states in a RV. The hosts will travel to destinations across the nation, meeting local heroes with larger than life stories, attending shooting/sporting/outdoor events and sharing in classic American hunts all within the outdoor and shooting community.

We are doing a nationwide casting call for two dynamic show hosts.

We are looking for both male and female applicants in the 30-45 age range.

Applicants must be:
  • quick-witted
  • dynamic
  • engaging
  • talkative
  • comfortable in front of the camera
  • willing to travel
  • knowledgeable & experienced about hunting & shooting sports
  • solid sportsman/sportswoman
  • great host & interviewer
  • an overall “people-person” willing to meet new faces & connect with folks across the country.

Please submit the following for consideration in this casting call to this email address nathan AT warmspringsproductions.com:
  • Name:
  • Address:
  • Contact Phone Number:
  • What are you favorite hunting/shooting sport activities and why?
  • What does your right to hunt and own firearms mean to you?
  • Why do you want to be the host for this new series?
  • What makes you stand out as the person to be outdoor television’s new host?

Applicants must also submit the following with their printed application to
Warm Springs Productions
Attn: Nathan Charlan
1001 SW Higgins Ave, Suite 203
Missoula, MT 59803:

1. A video standup. Stand in front of the camera and talk about yourself –
a. who you are
b. where you live
c. what are your hobbies
d. what the hunting and firearms ownership means to you
e. why you want to be the host for this new series.
f. Also, show us around “a day in the life of…” (think about what makes you unique, interesting and dynamic)

2. Three photos of yourself:
a. one head shot
b. one full body shot
c. one “in action” shot in the woods or at a shooting event

Damn, since I am now 45, I guess I am out of the picture. Looks like me and John are in the same boat here.

Moosie, I think they are looking for you!

Think you could set up the same thing for someone a big younger than your criteria? And without any cameras?

Going on 49, that makes me way over-the-hill. So I don't meet any of the criteria.

We average 35.5 shoots, right in the middle.
I'm sure people would love to watch a crotchety old bitterfruiter and a naive Missoulian explore the country.
We're a shoe in.

My application responses are attached. send the contract right over.;)

Applicants must be:
  • quick-witted (dim?)
  • dynamic (lethargic)
  • engaging (irritating)
  • talkative (YES!)
  • comfortable in front of the camera (no experience fully clothed)
  • willing to travel (yep)
  • knowledgeable & ex perienced about hunting & shooting sports (So I say)
  • solid sportsman/sportswoman (more loose-fleshed than 'solid)
  • great host & interviewer (see above)
  • an overall “people-person” willing to meet new faces & connect with folks across the country. (especially landowners with great hunting)

Sounds like the applicants would probably need to be single and not currently have a great job:D So, how many weeks on the road is estimated?

I'm sure people would love to watch a crotchety old bitterfruiter and a naive Missoulian explore the country.
We're a shoe in.

Why, I never quite looked at myself like that. I think the transformation could be complete. I've become my old man. Thanks Randy 11 smart, arsed, young 4 dasher for the inspiration.:p

Oh, have I ever told anyone on here I'm 85% deaf in both ears.Sounds of bugling elk, howling, sticks breaking, jumped animals, etc are almost non existent for me. We have videoed home movies for years, my buddies like throwing rocks and sticks, really hard at me when something goes on I don't hear to get my attention.:eek:

Maybe we could audition for a Jackasses show.

Last edited:
I tell you what good show material would be, Me and Jose Queervo touring in that RV visiting guys like Sheriff Joe, and hunting the border while talking politics

Wow sounds like a good way to get started for someone that dosnt have connections in the industry.I like your idea there are alot of everyday hunters out there that would love the oppertunity.I fit the age class and all other requirements except the commitment.31 years old married and just starting a family wiould make it immpossible for me to commit to such a task.Good luck to all that apply.

Wow... That would be a great opportunity for someone. Like Schmalts said, single, no kids and very lax job. Perfect for MTMiller. :)

It would be cool to have someone from the boards hosting a new show though.

I second Dinkshooter. His sense of humor kills me! Also he could end every show with the pose on his avatar.:D

Dinkshooter wouldn't take the job... due to the fact he'd have to cut back on his hunting.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Caleb_u
Back