Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Anyone getting antsy for results??

Some guy on MM who is apparently dating somebody who works for the F&G says not until at least April 9. ;)

I heard from the wife that they were waiting on a programmer and that it should be sometime next week. She got it from the ladies in the draw department.

Some guy on MM who is apparently dating somebody who works for the F&G says not until at least April 9. ;)

Oh yeah. Well my cousin lives next to the guy who has the cleaning contract with the Ben Avery shooting facility, and that guy's son's girlfriend has a bowling league with the lady who does the check cashing of applications. The Cashier was in the crapper, and heard someone say that their boss was at a sensitivity training workshop and while there, he was told it would be Thursday. But over the other sounds in the crapper, she couldn't tell if it was this Thursday or next Thursday.

So my cousin told my Uncle that, and he told me, and now I told all of you.

That is every bit as reliable, or more reliable, than the stuff on MM and elsewhere. :p

You guys are in the "loop" on everything!!

Randy, I hope the crapper story isn't true. If so I will certainly be fired by next week for checking the net and calling AZG+F every five minutes.

It scares me that they changed the draw date on the website from late March to mid April:(

The brother's wife's sister's uncle on MM said that it was postponed to help out CO and NM with application numbers. ;)

Some Application info. ( posted on another site)

For all the speculators, here are the TRUE #s on AZ apps. There are a mere few percentage points differences from 2008 and 2009 with slight increases in BP only apps.

Elk apps -- 81,212
Rejected -- 3,765
BPs only -- 6,262

Elk apps -- 79,056
Rejected -- 3,536
BPs only -- 7,174

Pronghorn apps -- 22,696
Rejected -- 998
BPs only -- 5,024

Pronghorn apps -- 20,883
Rejected -- 941
BPs only -- 5,876

Total Apps for both species

2008 -- 119,957
2009 -- 117,873

So it looks like about a 2 percent (just under 2,500) drop in total apps from 2008 to 2009.

Some Application info. ( posted on another site)

For all the speculators, here are the TRUE #s on AZ apps. There are a mere few percentage points differences from 2008 and 2009 with slight increases in BP only apps.

Elk apps -- 81,212
Rejected -- 3,765
BPs only -- 6,262

Elk apps -- 79,056
Rejected -- 3,536
BPs only -- 7,174

Pronghorn apps -- 22,696
Rejected -- 998
BPs only -- 5,024

Pronghorn apps -- 20,883
Rejected -- 941
BPs only -- 5,876

Total Apps for both species

2008 -- 119,957
2009 -- 117,873

So it looks like about a 2 percent (just under 2,500) drop in total apps from 2008 to 2009.

I suspect most the people who dropped out, were not those with 15 points, so the true difference is probably very miniscule.

God, I hope I am not one of those in the rejected pile.

Pretty sure that I will draw both elk and antelope though. I am the luckiest SOB that ever stepped foot on the planet, so pulling off a double should be nothing for me. :p

The size of the rejected piles is amazing to me. Especially when you consider that only one in each pile could belong to Schmalts.

Still not as high as everyone is saying but still a significant amount. Elk apps that matter are down 2.7% and lope apps that matter are down 8.3%. I would also guess some people will be applying for the really hard to draw areas in hopes of not drawing but just in case they do they have a great hunt.

Very hard to guess what everyone is thinking. I was also surprised about the rejected apps. I would have never guessed there are that many schmalts around.

Hate to admit it, but I was in the AZ deer reject pile one year.

My brother was in the Elk pile one year. It fuggin stings.

It is the only state we/I have ever had a problem.

I bet a lot of those rejected apps. were because of bounced checks and not just mistakes. Im going crazy waiting to see if I got my first or second choice for elk! need to know which unit to shed hunt this weeked

Schmalts,

I hope I never end up in the rejected pile. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't tell them if I were. This group doesn't EVER forget a thing! Good stuff.

Come on AZ. You're killing me here!

AZ402, why didn't you go down to that bar in cottonwood and crack that bobcat over the head with a pool stick?

Schmalts,

I hope I never end up in the rejected pile. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't tell them if I were. This group doesn't EVER forget a thing! Good stuff.

Come on AZ. You're killing me here!

Funny thing is, I never screwed up an AZ application. I applied with someone as a group that did like 4 years ago or something. These guys never forget though, even after drawing a unit 9 lope tag with 2 points:cool:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back