Caribou Gear

Hearing Bugles Arleady...anyone else?

lifeisgoodsteve

Hi All,

The elk farm a few doors down (Western MT) has been having some bugles coming out of there for the past 5 days or so. It started with one or two a night that I heard and then the past couple nights heard probably 6-10 while I was awake.

It's pretty darn early for them so wondering if others are hearing bugles out there too?

Good luck!

s

the town elk are starting to spar and size each other up in the cut alfalfa field next to my office

Haven’t heard any yet. Sure some are happening as I have been seeing rags with herds of cows

Unfortunately haven't been out yet. Earliest I have heard bugles in North ID was around July 22nd. Assume it was a young bull that just figured out how to do his thing.

No noise yet in northern New Mexico as of last Friday. I'd guess they're probably starting to get worked up now. Most folks out here think it's going to be a marginally later rut because of hot and dry weather we've had all summer, and now going in to fall. I'm curious to see what other people think.

The elk here in Pa seem to have left their groups and are moving around alone and starting to make a few bugles

I didn't hear a thing while scouting Saturday. It was hot, so maybe they just slowed down. It's supposed to be hot this weekend, too. Bummed

Back