Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

American Prairie Reserve Purchases 14,000 Acre Ranch

Their pig, their farm. They still can’t transplant them legally.
Why do you think so? Are you talking about wolves? I never said that they could, I said that they want to. I have found quite a bit of wanton BS on their website. Some of it laughable really. But, like i said it it is not the norm in other states Where they could certainly can.
What’s stupid about it? He’s right. A private owner can’t just transplant and release wolves.

What’s evil about brucellosis free bison?

What’s evil about wanting lions on their property?

What’s evil about wanting wolves in their property?

What’s evil about managing against climate change?

What’s evil about wanting unhindered pronghorn migration?

Tell me what’s so evil about wanting a native intact ecosystem, other than it doesn’t jive with save the cowboy propaganda?

At the end of the day, it’s just private money buying a property from a willing seller. No different than Rupert Murdoch or the Wilks brothers.
do you people ever read anything...really

Might have to get back to the 1970's climate change model, for muskox, mamoth and woolly rhinos to have a chance of a successful reintroduction.
Naaa, Gila heard from a local, a couple nuclear reactors and giant air conditioners will solve that. AP has THAT kind of pull, and they don't need permits since nuclear reactors aren't on "the list"...

Why do you think so? Are you talking about wolves? I never said that they could, I said that they want to. I have found quite a bit of wanton BS on their website. Some of it laughable really. But, like i said it it is not the norm in other states Where they could certainly can.

do you people ever read anything...really
Stop, it's really bad...really embarrassing.

Some of you guys are just laughable. I am done here, just a monumental waste of time on this thread.
Only smart thing you've said on this thread.

You were done long before you ever started. Just haven't the first clue.

I was getting ready to start the countdown to lock....
Don't be too hasty. It is good to air things out by learning of various perspectives and considerations of the issue ... however based on factual, accurate information.
As harsh and direct as the expressions of Buzz may seem, you certainly have to admire anyone "who suffers no fools".
(One quickly learns to offer only factual information and logical opinions when discussing a topic with the learned Montanan from Laramie.)

So, a bit of a more serious answer to some of Gila's statements:

1.) Safari's are more than simply killing critters. Wildlife watching tours are big business, and are often billed as Safaris. So I can see AP wanting to promote that and bring tourists into eastern MT with that kind of messaging which is pretty smart, IMO, if your target audience is people looking for "adventure light" kind of adventure. Given the amount of infrastructure AP has put in place with the Yurts, campgrounds, etc - yes, I can see Range Rovers on the high plains looking at large herds of elk & bison. They already have some of this that they do at Slippery Ann with donors, etc to highlight how special the area really is.

2.) AP has repeatedly said that they would welcome wolves and grizzlies back to the plains and manage in accordance when & if they show up. They have never once said anything about reintroducing them in the 10 years or so that I've had interactions with them.

3.) Private entities cannot reintroduce wildlife w/o the express authorization of the MTFWP, the Commission and in the case of T&E species, the USFWS. Furthermore, MT's laws on reintroducing species is pretty strong due to fears that some landowners would want to reintroduce bison and wolves. Hell, the MT Legislature almost made reintroducing Big Horns illegal when someone got angry with them for even suggesting it once in a letter.

4.) There are some real and disconcerting issues with the rush to purchase large swaths of land be it from AP or Billionaires like the Wilks. That kind of land rush makes it difficult for younger ranching & farming families to purchase smaller spreads to make a start with, and based off of some conversations with locals and others in the Ag world, this isn't a Pollyannaish type of issue. It's also replicating across the west (Matador, Fred Eschelman, etc). The west has always been the playground of the elites looking for their own kingdoms. The Scottish & English Barons were the original landed gentry of the west, which also led to things like the Johnson County Cattle War, etc.

Last edited:
Are personal attacks and name calling okay if you’re buddy buddy with the owner of this site? Sure seems that way
Tired of people making up lies, spreading misinformation, and being disingenuous in regard to many topics. Its border line slander in this situation and I'm tired of it.

The people that do these things want "answers" to their questions but never answer any asked of them.

It will continue until people are called out for their misinformation campaigns, its insulting to people that know what's going one.

Nothing Gila said is based on anything first hand or factual about AP, he needs to go away.

Last edited:
Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BullelkSD
Back