Alone Season 8

Rooting for Clay but kk d of finding Biko do beca dark horse as well. Colter may have what it takes but his Kermit the frog voice tends to grate on me a bit.... guess not a prob “Alone” though eh? I think whoever can make it work come gill netting time may be the key

Biko is going to get pulled for medical reasons. They mentioned that he's lost something like 50 pounds already, he's in a dangerous starvation situation. Besides, he's too busy fantasizing about some kind of metalhead crap instead of being engaged in taking care of himself.
He had like 80+ lbs to lose when he started. Probably more

I'd like them to mix it up a bit. Different location, different time of year. Maybe that would give females a chance (since they usually lose the starvation game to the males). It's not just being alone and not just testing survival skills, but who gets lucky with the site and who can last the starvation game.

I swear they have Biko on there for the entertainment value that guy cracks me up. Super impressed with Theresa pit lodge that thing really looks like a leggit place to stay not sure on her food game though seems to be lacking. Not sure Rose will last much longer. Colter seems to really know his stuff besides thinking a gallon of berries under a rock isn't going to get raided by a bear. I just hope Clay keeps that deer meat away from thieving animals.

Biko is going to get pulled for medical reasons. They mentioned that he's lost something like 50 pounds already, he's in a dangerous starvation situation. Besides, he's too busy fantasizing about some kind of metalhead crap instead of being engaged in taking care of himself.
Biko still looks like a pear. Does not matter if he loses 100lbs because he came in FAT. Yeah, I’m with you if he wins all bone in nose, pagan metal. Does not fit the template of a winner.

I just watched Clay’s “reaction video” on the YouTubes. Turns out, he’s currently writing a book about his experience being in the show. Now, it may be just me, but why would a guy write a book about losing the competition? Who would read that? Who would even publish that?

But if a guy won, on the other hand…

Yeah, she slips in and out of her accent. It's fake.
We don't get the show in the UK, but I listened to her on Youtube, Exeter UK is listed as her hometown, her English accent (let alone her Exonian accent) is quite amusing to me, I was born in Exeter, and still live nearby, I have never heard anything like it.
I believe she worked in the local university.
Should be interesting to see how she gets on.

We don't get the show in the UK, but I listened to her on Youtube, Exeter UK is listed as her hometown, her English accent (let alone her Exonian accent) is quite amusing to me, I was born in Exeter, and still live nearby, I have never heard anything like it.
I believe she worked in the local university.
Should be interesting to see how she gets on.
Welcome back, stranger!

I've heard plenty of fake accents in Hawaii.
Haoles speaking heavy pigeon English and when asked how long they've lived in Hawaii "Tree munts"

Last edited:
I don't know that it's fake. Sometimes accents present themselves in different ways. If you have a heavy accent and are around someone with the same one it becomes even more pronounced or vice versa. For example I was recently in Maine and met a guy that was originally from Alabama but had been in New England a long time after the service. Being around me, he noticed himself saying things that brought out his accent. In the case of alone, there is no one and your accent would kinda be in free fall with no direction. Being from Wyoming and not having a heavy accent to begin with, would make her very susceptible to picking up an accent but then kinda losing it a bit as she goes. Also, we have no idea when the voice overs are done. I would think that would have an influence too on how it's perceived.

Yeah, she slips in and out of her accent. It's fake.
I’m skeptical of her accent as well, but, could just be she’s an auditory learner and picks up accents easily. I’m like that as well. After 3 weeks in Ireland one time, I turned all gaubshite, and after 6 months in TX ceiling tile became seelin’ tiiiiiiiile.

I’m more prone to give her the benefit of the doubt because I notice the same in myself.

Classic case of code switching. I talk different when I’m talking to a rancher than I do with my banker. We naturally change our accent all the time without even realizing it. You live half your life in Wyoming and half your life in the UK and your brain is gonna be pretty confused on which dialect to use when you’re by yourself talking to a camera

I don't know that it's fake. Sometimes accents present themselves in different ways. If you have a heavy accent and are around someone with the same one it becomes even more pronounced or vice versa. For example I was recently in Maine and met a guy that was originally from Alabama but had been in New England a long time after the service. Being around me, he noticed himself saying things that brought out his accent. In the case of alone, there is no one and your accent would kinda be in free fall with no direction. Being from Wyoming and not having a heavy accent to begin with, would make her very susceptible to picking up an accent but then kinda losing it a bit as she goes. Also, we have no idea when the voice overs are done. I would think that would have an influence too on how it's perceived.
Ayup, shuwah some Mainahs gawt wicked baaad accents. Be curious to know if that AL guy could actually fool them though or if the locals can tell he’s from away.

Ayup, shuwah some Mainahs gawt wicked baaad accents. Be curious to know if that AL guy could actually fool them though or if the locals can tell he’s from away.
No, he was like me, kinda enjoyed sticking out because of it. But he said a few things like chowdah with a drawl that was pretty funny!

I just watched Clay’s “reaction video” on the YouTubes. Turns out, he’s currently writing a book about his experience being in the show. Now, it may be just me, but why would a guy write a book about losing the competition? Who would read that? Who would even publish that?

But if a guy won, on the other hand…

If he goes 60+ days with successes and failures along the way and further development of his expert woodsman-ship and what type of mental fortitude is needed along the way......that'd be of interest to many whether he "won" or didn't. Just going that many days in that country is a win. He already has a following of more than 100k on YouTube (not sure how many prior to the show) so clearly he has a marketable skillset and a book is another way to monetize his efforts.

He had like 80+ lbs to lose when he started. Probably more
It doesn't matter how much overweight he was, a human body can only loose so much weight in a period of time, if it looses more than that then the body will start to cannibalize protein, even if you still have too much fat. Unfortunately it will pull that protein from muscles and organs. Typically the heart is effected and your chances of dying are very good.

https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-hu...e-first-of-starvation-a-fat-or-a-thin-person/
Even if you have lots of body fat left to burn, you can still starve to death if you don’t have enough muscle because vital muscles like the heart will have been weakened to the point where they stop working. For this reason, doctors normally consider 40 to 50 per cent weight loss as life-threatening, regardless of your initial body weight.

He's lost somewhere around 15 to 20 per cent of his initial body weight, I'll bet that they'll pull him when he hits 20 per cent.

Last edited:
Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back