Alone Season 8

An Alone first event....bear spray deployed.

Clay's face immediately afterwards really speaks volumes to me. He simply enjoys nature and the wonder of it all.

I can only imagine what my face would reflect.
I noticed that too. I think this episode was telling, or, at least how it was edited was telling. All contestants were shown facing some adversity - Theresa with her burns/dead fish, Biko with his mouse/ankle, Colter and his fish trap, and Rose with her cold feet - meanwhile Clay is just out there enjoying the vibe, chasing bears. I think it shows he's got the head space to go the end, and compared to everyone else, the calories stored up to go the distance.

I grew up fishing for bull trout as was going crazy since these guys weren't using a parts of their fish as bait for bigger fish. Turns out the fishing regulations don't allow bait. As if they don't have enough restrictions.
CHILKO LAKE
Subregion 5-4
  • Trout/char daily quota = 2 ( no rainbow trout over 70 cm; only 1 bull trout and it may not be under 60 cm)
  • Bait ban, single barbless hook
  • No powered boats on Big Lagoon (west side of lake)

I grew up fishing for bull trout as was going crazy since these guys weren't using a parts of their fish as bait for bigger fish. Turns out the fishing regulations don't allow bait. As if they don't have enough restrictions.
Self filming and starvation would solve that problem for some. Something are best left unshown.

A few seasons ago a guy had racks of smoked fish but was hoarding it. He got pulled by the medics because he was too skinny. He cried and promised he'd eat more fish but it was too late.
I was surprised Clay didn't utilize that deer more completely. For example, I think he left the ribs and bones at the kill site. Maybe he didn't have a way to preserve it.

I was surprised Clay didn't utilize that deer more completely. For example, I think he left the ribs and bones at the kill site. Maybe he didn't have a way to preserve it.
With so many grizzlies around I think he just wanted to distance himself from the kill site asap.

I agree. Fat is the most important part of that animal. It’s pretty easy to preserve in that you can boil the bones and cook it down into lard. He also used the brains to tan that hide instead of eating it. Cool project but there’s tons of fatty calories in the brain. That lean deer meat isn’t gonna last him very long and he’ll lose a ton of weight if that is all he’s eating. Clay is a hell of an outdoorsman but I don’t think he’s gonna outlast Biko or Colter if he doesn’t kill another big game animal

Episode 8! Adversity. @Backofbeyond put that well. Figure rodents are always a problem everywhere. As that’s Biko’s biggest problem, think he’s doing alright. Biko made mention of intentional weight gain prior to filming so that may come into consideration of pulling him. Fat man got xxlbs fatter so therefore may lose more% than others and still be in healthy range. Rose! That exit interview was stifled. Nikki worked with what she could. Clay- dude did what he did and some would have done the same. Was that a bluff charge? Hard to tell with editing/commercial break. Colter is becoming distracted and losing that fish basket was for the best. Theresa, yeah, I would have eaten the fish too. So proud of her for sticking it out this far.

I'm sucked into this like a damn 80's soap opera. When will episode 9 air on Amazon?

Episode 8! Adversity. @Backofbeyond put that well. Figure rodents are always a problem everywhere. As that’s Biko’s biggest problem, think he’s doing alright. Biko made mention of intentional weight gain prior to filming so that may come into consideration of pulling him. Fat man got xxlbs fatter so therefore may lose more% than others and still be in healthy range. Rose! That exit interview was stifled. Nikki worked with what she could. Clay- dude did what he did and some would have done the same. Was that a bluff charge? Hard to tell with editing/commercial break. Colter is becoming distracted and losing that fish basket was for the best. Theresa, yeah, I would have eaten the fish too. So proud of her for sticking it out this far.

Clay does a recap after each episode on his channel. Here is episode 8 recap, including the bluff bear charge and body language towards the end.

I binged watch all seasons this past winter, had no idea there was a current one. I know what I am doing for the next week!

Looks like the defecation is hitting the ventilation device now. Gonna be fun to see how strategies change with success/failure on the gill net front. Looks like Theresa and Biko are resigning themselves to a vegetarian diet, while Clay has jerky, and Colter is completely dependent on his boat.

Looks like the defecation is hitting the ventilation device now. Gonna be fun to see how strategies change with success/failure on the gill net front. Looks like Theresa and Biko are resigning themselves to a vegetarian diet, while Clay has jerky, and Colter is completely dependent on his boat.
Colter's a weird dude. He's gonna be tough to get out of there.

Episode 9! Wow, no failures, everyone showed great resolve. Colter unf$&*ed himself and deployed a gillnet with terrific success. Colter has not washed his face once this season. Biko’s father lives! I misread that, figured him deceased and figure it adds another layer to his commitment to win. Bears in the water. Looked like an adolescent an Mom. Clay has to get some fat with his Dagwood metabolism. Losing it over a conceptual design does not catch fish. Theresa, my my, what exceptional leather work! Yet being handy does not equal a bountiful fish basket. Because nobody ever should depend on a fish basket. And she got in the water again, oh dear.

Back