Caribou Gear

Alone Season 8

Has anybody caught a fish in a fish basket over the past 8 seasons? I don't recall it happening.
Freakin’ right?! I think where they’re used (or were) the baskets are deployed in shallower water and many are put out. I want to say contestants have built weirs or some contraptions to guide fish. But yeah, a single unbaited fish basket always has a terrible ROR on investment.

On the first season a guy made one out of a 20 oz soda bottle. He caught a bunch a 2-4” on one episode.

That show gets so intense. Always feel like some people get jipped from day 1 because of where they get put.

Episode 10! Had to marinate on this one. Everyone looks emaciated and no telling why Colter was selected over the others. Might have been an ‘eneey meeny mino mo… Colter’s got to go!’ Curiously enough, he was the only one to benefit from gillnetting and had put two nets out. So barring casualty, I’m thinking the pulling of those remaining will go: Theresa, Clay, Biko. Theresa lost safe body fat weeks ago, now in the danger zone. You all notice how the British bullshit ended when she cut her hand? Yeah, straight up scared Wyoming dialect then. Clay has food, but I think we’re witness to rabbit starvation with him. Biko’s on the way to lose 100lbs and still not pulled. Inconceivable!

Also, that looks like a lovely lake. At least on a full stomach. I've canoed a bunch of lakes in BC but not that one.

I'm rooting for Clay, but after listening to a meater podcast cast a few weeks back with a "Top Chef" contestant, I have my doughts. He basically said you want to be on every episode of a reality show but not win. The reason is the contracts that you have to sign a very constraining if you win but are alittle more relaxed if your in 2nd or 3rd, and Clay is putting out a lot of videos about his time on the show and he is also writing a book.

I can't believe they let Theresa stay- her face went from thin to gaunt, with her eyes starting to be incredibly prominent.

But thinks aren't looking great for Clay, either. He's got the skills, but just not enough food coming in, and it's starting to show.

I can't believe they let Theresa stay- her face went from thin to gaunt, with her eyes starting to be incredibly prominent.

But thinks aren't looking great for Clay, either. He's got the skills, but just not enough food coming in, and it's starting to show.
Do we know for sure if she made it through the med check? I took it as they cut off the med check decisions between episodes.

At least we don’t have to hear Theresa flip flop that accent anymore. I’ve known lots of people from around the world, never someone who’s accent would switch like that.

Back