Alone Season 8

I didn't think much of it when they subtitled that Biko's nodding onions were 20 calories per 100g. Then it occurred to me that's 200 calories per kg, or 90 calories per pound.

That was a lot of fun to watch. He definitely felt like the most skilled of the group

Episode 11! That was a righteous closure. Theresa won the craftiness award. My wife looked up Theresa’s instaface and has a doctorate in “primitive leather analysis” so that’s her life’s work we saw expressed in her clothing/tools. If they do a redemption season and Theresa gets appropriately fat next time, she’s got it. Maybe also move to Australia, absorb their accent so we all don’t need to hear that British/Wyoming mashup.
Biko, ah hell. Excuses. He had things to use for snares, but did not (or that was left on the editing floor). Props for finding the onions in what appeared to me to be a hillside of weeds. Inner bark! Haven’t seen that for a while. Got no job, abandoned his pregnant partner to do the show. Maybe redemption show for him. He lacked chutzpah when most necessary though so reckon he’d be a redemption failure too.
Clay! We all knew he was the best, but feared that couldn’t be true. He held on with tenacity and found himself. Flippin’ fisher had bigger cajones than any bear we saw this season. Double bagger hares though before the thievery began and that was what got him there. Consider this, had Biko and Clay both run snares and had the same fate, would the end change? Clay’s best words were spoken on this episode. No telling if he did that all along, but we missed it due to editing. Man is a modern day transcendentalist and someday I’d like to have a signed copy of his book.

Both of the final two faced the mental aspect as best they personally knew how; Biko often in a sad but comedic manner and Clay in such a way that, as Ben said above, makes me want to know even more about him. Well done and hats off to both!

Episode 11! That was a righteous closure. Theresa won the craftiness award. My wife looked up Theresa’s instaface and has a doctorate in “primitive leather analysis” so that’s her life’s work we saw expressed in her clothing/tools. If they do a redemption season and Theresa gets appropriately fat next time, she’s got it. Maybe also move to Australia, absorb their accent so we all don’t need to hear that British/Wyoming mashup.
Biko, ah hell. Excuses. He had things to use for snares, but did not (or that was left on the editing floor). Props for finding the onions in what appeared to me to be a hillside of weeds. Inner bark! Haven’t seen that for a while. Got no job, abandoned his pregnant partner to do the show. Maybe redemption show for him. He lacked chutzpah when most necessary though so reckon he’d be a redemption failure too.
Clay! We all knew he was the best, but feared that couldn’t be true. He held on with tenacity and found himself. Flippin’ fisher had bigger cajones than any bear we saw this season. Double bagger hares though before the thievery began and that was what got him there. Consider this, had Biko and Clay both run snares and had the same fate, would the end change? Clay’s best words were spoken on this episode. No telling if he did that all along, but we missed it due to editing. Man is a modern day transcendentalist and someday I’d like to have a signed copy of his book.
Where I live in northeast MN we have lots of wolves and black bear. Bobcats and a few lynx. However, big male fishers are the meanest thing we have in the woods.

Absolutely. I’m hopeful that experience showed him how mentally tough he is.
I believe it that after losing 100lbs in 70 days along with mental stress a person is high risk for cardiac failure. That was a good, fair fight. Hope his father gives him the appreciation that he deserves. On the likely redemption, I’m still leaning towards fat Theresa. However, if we again see fat Biko with stronger mental fortitude (and better fishing) he’s my winner.

While I really liked both Biko and Theresa, I just didn't see what they did to survive in comparison to Clay. Granted it could be selective editing, but I basically watched Biko starve himself for 70+ days. He's an absolute gem of a person, but for me, the correct person won. I'm not interested in watching a starving contest.
That being said, the scientist in me would love to see what the serum chemistries (e.g. Triglycerides, FPG, CRP, etc...) of the contestants looked like before and after. Anyone who argues calorie-restricted diets don't work hasn't watched this show.

While I really liked both Biko and Theresa, I just didn't see what they did to survive in comparison to Clay. Granted it could be selective editing, but I basically watched Biko starve himself for 70+ days. He's an absolute gem of a person, but for me, the correct person won. I'm not interested in watching a starving contest.
That being said, the scientist in me would love to see what the serum chemistries (e.g. Triglycerides, FPG, CRP, etc...) of the contestants looked like before and after. Anyone who argues calorie-restricted diets don't work hasn't watched this show.
Yeah but did you see in Coulter’s interview he put on 40lbs in 12 days after tapping out.

Lol good question🤣
I personally found Colters Kermit voice to be the least palatable of the bunch but then again it’s a survival show not a phonics course!

Glad to see Clay win. He was the most skilled and actually killed some stuff to eat. I'm not a fan of the get real fat and live off that like Biko and that kid from Nebraska that won a few years ago.

I was really impressed with Biko, That dude drew the short end of the stick a ton of times. Biko is some serious mental toughness, he should of been a marine.

The key to the last three contestants was their shelters, I felt like they each had superior shelters compared to everybody else and a warm fireplace is a hell of a mood lifter.

I was confident clay was going to win the whole thing and I was rooting for him. But I honestly didnt give Biko a chance and man that guy was just a beast. Wish him the best, dude put up a hell of a fight.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back