Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Alone Season 8

It doesn't matter how much overweight he was, a human body can only loose so much weight in a period of time, if it looses more than that then the body will start to cannibalize protein, even if you still have too much fat. Unfortunately it will pull that protein from muscles and organs. Typically the heart is effected and your chances of dying are very good.

https://www.sciencefocus.com/the-hu...e-first-of-starvation-a-fat-or-a-thin-person/

He's lost somewhere around 15 to 20 per cent of his initial body weight, I'll bet that they'll pull him when he hits 20 per cent.
Look into the story of Angus Barbieri. He went more than a year without food under medical supervision and was just fine. Fasting doesn’t catabolize much muscle if you’re fat. HGH levels go through the roof during a long fast and muscle is spared as a result. When you get lean is when you get in trouble with losing muscle. You saw it with Jordan in season 6 and I think Clay is gonna have the same challenge. Biko is gonna be in the game for awhile if he can keep the mental aspects of it in check.

This season has been the most difficult so far IMO. I think the producers knew exactly what they were doing. No net fishing for the first 45 days, no bear or squirrel hunting, no trapping, fish too deep to catch, limited forage. Calories are very tough to come by. I don't like the artificial rules they have to live by. I'd definitely pop a squirrel and get caught on the polygraph I'm sure they have to take at the end.
Part of me thinks the production staff got tired of having to sit out in the middle of nowhere for months waiting for people to tap.

With all the artificial survival rules imposed, I’m kind of surprised that jackwagon Matt didn’t take to sungazing.

Definitely rooting for Clay. Colter as well, building a boat was a fantastic idea. Biku is definitely the most entertaining and might be in most need of the dough. Scarcity of food is just killing everyone. Amazing that you cannot hunt squirrels, never head of such a thing.

Matt seemed like an arrogant headcase. I noticed he didn't even do the interview after he tapped

Last edited:
Episode 7- these mfers just won’t quit! Especially Rose. I hoped we’d all be blessed to see her depart and nope. Big ‘ol grizzly bar stalking and she even acted more like prey than not food, but damnit all, no button. Colter was in a relationship, that’s unexpected news. Biko- brief explanation about late father that I think is really telling about the way Biko turned out. Clay has visitors and is possibly hoarding- remember Dave Nessia? Theresa…well, yeah, no.

Episode 7- these mfers just won’t quit! Especially Rose. I hoped we’d all be blessed to see her depart and nope. Big ‘ol grizzly bar stalking and she even acted more like prey than not food, but damnit all, no button. Colter was in a relationship, that’s unexpected news. Biko- brief explanation about late father that I think is really telling about the way Biko turned out. Clay has visitors and is possibly hoarding- remember Dave Nessia? Theresa…well, yeah, no.
Thought for sure she was having a panic attack and would punch out. Colter is kind of a strange dude. Not sure how to read him. Theresa lost me when she got turned around and had tears going. PLUS the swimming out and getting hypothermia was not a good way to stay in the game. And to then get burns warming up? Sounds like she lost some common sense. I like Biko. Don't think he'll win, but he sure has the attitude! We'll see how it goes now that the snow is coming.

So I was watching with my daughter last night, and we got to the scene where Rose bumped into the bear while she's following the tracks in the snow. My daughter pointed out that the bear was much closer before Rose saw it, I thought she was imagining it so I ran it back it and watched again, she was right...about 10 seconds before Rose sees it at a distance through the brush she'd actually walked up right behind it on the beach, you can see it behind a small evergreen tree on the right, really close. I think she may have startled it and it ran out to where she saw it first, scary!!

Yeah, I was disappointed to see Clay hoarding, especially with venison that has so little fat.
He said he’s rationing and is fishing to add more. Reckon after weeks of starvation though, rationing when emaciated would appear more like hoarding to a casual observer. Preview of upcoming showed him dangerously close to a bear so figure his cache gets appropriated anyway. I’ve settled on Clay as the highest skill set, Biko with the most drive and Colter as the wildcard.

So I was watching with my daughter last night, and we got to the scene where Rose bumped into the bear while she's following the tracks in the snow. My daughter pointed out that the bear was much closer before Rose saw it, I thought she was imagining it so I ran it back it and watched again, she was right...about 10 seconds before Rose sees it at a distance through the brush she'd actually walked up right behind it on the beach, you can see it behind a small evergreen tree on the right, really close. I think she may have startled it and it ran out to where she saw it first, scary!!
Woah, wait a minute here. I watched it over a bunch last night and I think now that the entire event was contrived. In that segment Rose is moving along narrating to the camera and we see the bear walking along in front on the beach behind a little pine. Bear does not know and is possibly 30 yards off. Rose makes an utterance “oh” and turns up into the woodline looking in front and to left where she just came from, is no longer narrating and then does the whole scene about the bear.

So, the editing process either snipped out Rose saying she would do exactly what we now see or Rose saw an opportunity and fabricated the whole thing. After seeing what Nate did with the squirrel turds cop out, I don’t think making a scene is beneath Rose. She’s trying to extricate herself and demoed a scenario. Currently staying in the worst shelter in the show’s history. If it were a bet here, I’d wager she’s the next out. Theresa did “burn” herself after suffering real cold exposure though with that swimming. I’m thinking one of the women will be next to go and I really hope it ain’t Theresa.

Last edited:
Uh oh! Someone screwed up and posted this episode early.

Attachments

• 01F7F3AE-F6E8-4626-8C6E-3A5D61640B3B.jpeg
    01F7F3AE-F6E8-4626-8C6E-3A5D61640B3B.jpeg
    926.9 KB · Views: 42
Emmm, eating dead washed up trout, never been that hungry. Think I would of boiled the hell out of it, then boiled it some more.

At the start of every episode this season they do the rapid recap beginning with Tim's Tapout "I don't want to die" and every time I think "I've heard that guys voice somewhere else" and tonight it came to me.

Dead fish? Guess I would have to be starving. She apparently was. Rose is out and probably just in time before something bad happened to her. Biko is having mouse trouble and may lose his mind over it. Clay looks best right now mainly because he's still got his head straight. Maybe not so much by following the griz, but overall seems fully aware of the situation at hand.

An Alone first event....bear spray deployed.

Clay's face immediately afterwards really speaks volumes to me. He simply enjoys nature and the wonder of it all.

I can only imagine what my face would reflect.

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
believeinyourself
Back