471 AZ bull

I’m having a tough time seeing where this isn’t beneficial to conservation and the future of elk hunting? That massive amount of cash will go towards a wide number of valuable wildlife projects, and the money spent on the guide service will help put money in the pockets of people who help promote the great pastime that we all enjoy.

They should auction all of the tags. Think of the benefits to wildlife plus the bonus to have the season open 365.

They should auction all of the tags. Think of the benefits to wildlife plus the bonus to have the season open 365.

My post was is reference to this particular situation where a severe restriction in supply (1 tag) creates a huge demand (hundreds of thousands of dollars) for one animal. The generalization of the concept that you proposed would not have the same effect in that it would remove many more elk from the unit and restrict access to all tags to those with more money, which is very clearly a bad thing.

JJ might need to lay off the white bread, his face doesn't look as old as his body appears in the video. Wheat bread brother, wheat bread.

Jimmy John was giving credit to the guides and their hard work and ability when he Dian “I’m not a hunter”. He’s been buying Governor tags all over the west for most of the 21 century. I’ve seen him with Bighorns, mule deer and elk and I’m sure he’s got piles and piles of animals of very high quality animals under his belt.

Why open this season so early? The bull is still in process of shedding his velvet. Didn't even get a chance to polish up the tips and rub on trees which give the antler some of its color and beauty. I ran into scouts last year in Montana HD 270 while looking for my own mule deer. They were on the payroll from sun up to sun down seven days a week looking for the right buck. The hunter basically said call me when you find a shooter and I will hop on a plane and fly in to shoot it. As others have said, great for raising money and employing some locals, but not something I would ever want to be a part of. To each his own.
There was a thread on the Montana Mule Deer Governors tag holder looking for a buck. It was entertaining.

My post was is reference to this particular situation where a severe restriction in supply (1 tag) creates a huge demand (hundreds of thousands of dollars) for one animal. The generalization of the concept that you proposed would not have the same effect in that it would remove many more elk from the unit and restrict access to all tags to those with more money, which is very clearly a bad thing.
Just to be nit picky. Changes in price or Supply do not change demand.

Just to be nit picky. Changes in price or Supply do not change demand.

I don’t think I ever said they did. I said that a limit in supply with a very high demand results in a very high price. I’m not an economy buff but I’m relatively sure price generally depends on supply and demand

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back