2021 Colorado Draw Results

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
some of my close friends who have been hunting 3-4x as long as i have still can't understand why they don't draw sometimes.

perks of being an adult onset hunter. when you actually have to figure some stuff out for yourself you actually learn how it works

I know a guy who just bought land in a unit that requires 2 pp for elk and 3 pp to draw deer, he has 0 points and insisted on applying there anyway and hoped to get lucky. 🤷‍♂️

Lucky day! I was drawn for CO Elk - Rifle! This will be my first foray into another state for Elk hunting. I am blaming Randy Newberg! LOL I love his show and because of it and shooting craps on the AZ draw this year, I took a chance and "spread my wings". Hopefully it'll be a good hunt. Oh and he got me buying Elkhorn coffee too...I've been drinking coffee since I was 5 years old...Take it from me...BigHank is good coffee! Thanks Randy!

I’ve hunted Colorado twice and I’ve had people take pictures with my deer both times, and ask if they can put it on their Facebook page. Go nuts is what I told them.

I try not to hunt where other people are. I had a guy from Montana offer to pack out my deer head on his horse once, said he'd leave it at my truck for me...riiiiiight

What you're seeing is the Californiacation of Colorado.

This message was brought to you buy Subaru, Patagucci, and Lulu Lemon with a special thanks to Range Rover.
Don’t hate the lulu lemon crowd! Some things can be frustrating and beneficial for moral, I say they come out net positive.

Check back with me on early 76 we will be scouting the area and hunting the same season.

Congrats on the tag Mike. I got to go to the show 4 years ago and what a Hoot. I still work at 4crs part time if you want to stop by.
I'm going over a pass from the north near RG Rez to scout the units south for a good friend coming out this fall. If I see anything by the boundary you should know about, I'll PM ya and Gawd's gift!
when are you at 4CRS? I am heading to a horse show in Denver this weekend but when I get back I willtry to stop by.
Mike

Wife & I both got our unsuccessful e-mails.
Guess we're hunting for 3rd, otc unit 71.
Still better than staying home.

When's that secondary list coming out?

45BA2695-54EB-4128-983D-05A710CE0E37.jpeg

Looks like I didn't draw Unit 54 1st Rifle. Kind of surprising, given that it usually draws even with 0 pts (per every data point I can find).
Unit 54 First Season draw rate at 0pts dropped from 100% to 19%. That'll do it!
cef173f99e514a78eae54418c2086f40.jpg

cursory glance at deer:

2020:
1622155612062.png
1622155732090.png

2021:
1622155647055.png
1622155756912.png

I too will wait for the wllm analysis. But cursory glance shows that it did indeed get harder to draw this year overall. A lot more apps thown in.... to say the least.

Did i subtract that right? over 30,000 additional 1st choice apps this year for deer alone?

f&*k

Last edited:
Back