Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

2021 Colorado Draw Results

I am just bummed I do not get to add to the 90 pref points worth of tags I have snagged off the reissue list last 4 years for zero points. Packing lope, elk, and dwer tags. I paid for them with pref points...I feel kinda dirty mixing it ip with regular folks in the draw, burned up 18 points in all this year. Not a lot but just enough to draw each tag.

Next year gonna be hunting with the {pref points} poor folks, oh my.

My wife has a BIG pile of points across board. Next legislative session you will find me camped out at the capitol lobbying a points banking bill...

Last edited:
Looking at the stats is super interesting. Less people applied for my unit. More lower point holders drew.

I pulled the drawn out .pdfs, then subtracted the amount of points it took to draw a tag in 2021 from 2020, so the map is how many points more it took. The hunt codes are often for a group of units not just one, so I mapped the hunt code to DAU not unit, it's a huge PITA to OCR the hunt codes out of the brochure. Anything that was 2nd choice or leftover I assigned a 0.

View attachment 184411

View attachment 184410
View attachment 184414

View attachment 184412
That’s awesome, thanks for posting. I spent time earlier today comparing the stats for the units I plan to apply for, much easier using your info! Are you planning the same for elk :)

That’s awesome, thanks for posting. I spent time earlier today comparing the stats for the units I plan to apply for, much easier using your info! Are you planning the same for elk :)
The map kinda works, I need to figure out a better way to map out the hunt codes, lots of tags are by unit not DAU.

You giving me homework ;)

Last edited:
Thanks @wllm1313. I was dying to see the 3rd season graphic. Overall, I think I heavily overestimated expected 2nd and 3rd season point creep this draw cycle. It would be interesting to see the correlation between 3rd season point creep/lack thereof and 4th season point regression/if any.

Thanks @wllm1313. I was dying to see the 3rd season graphic. Overall, I think I heavily overestimated expected 2nd and 3rd season point creep this draw cycle. It would be interesting to see the correlation between 3rd season point creep/lack thereof and 4th season point regression/if any.
Yeah, working on 4th, the hunt codes have different groups of units so it takes a bit of work to remap.

Looking forward to that one. Then take a victory lap for your skepticism toward point leap predictions. Thanks for the data work you do man.
I think the juxtaposition of 52 and 63 shows that there wasn't point leap. People applied very erratically.

That's kinda what I thought would happen.

What I can't guess, and what I'm curious about is the reissue list. Did people blow lots of points on easier to draw units because they want out of the game and figured hell this year is my best chance at a decent buck in a middle tier unit, or did they just totally misread the odds and are they horrified and will they turn in their tag to get their points back. 🤷‍♂️

I've talked to 2 people with 10+ points who did just that, one is happy about their call and is done, the other is going to return the tag.

I pulled the drawn out .pdfs, then subtracted the amount of points it took to draw a tag in 2021 from 2020, so the map is how many points more it took. Anything that was 2nd choice or leftover I assigned a 0.
View attachment 184445

View attachment 184444
View attachment 184446

View attachment 184447
View attachment 184449

View attachment 184448
View attachment 184451
View attachment 184452
you people and your damn color charts!! get something for us impaired vision folks or I'm outtie 5000!!!!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back