2021 Colorado Draw Results

• Thread starter Deleted member 28227
  • Start date
Gosh the hits keep coming, not sure what to do. Elk in zone 76 early rifle. I thought I would only draw one tag if I was really lucky. Now that I look at it I guess I had more elk points than needed. Anybody ever been hunting in zone 76 early rifle that can share what you know? With the elk and moose tag I guess I will have my head on a swivel looking in the willow bottom and above tree line.
Going from never hunting anything big except white tails to now chasing mule deers and moose and elk!

Well, it should be a good hunt to wet your feet on elk...

Gosh the hits keep coming, not sure what to do. Elk in zone 76 early rifle. I thought I would only draw one tag if I was really lucky. Now that I look at it I guess I had more elk points than needed. Anybody ever been hunting in zone 76 early rifle that can share what you know? With the elk and moose tag I guess I will have my head on a swivel looking in the willow bottom and above tree line.
Going from never hunting anything big except white tails to now chasing mule deers and moose and elk!
Check back with me on early 76 we will be scouting the area and hunting the same season.

Drew Unit 76 Archery Deer, and Unit 28, 37 Cow Elk first season. Heading down to 76 this weekend for the first of several recon trips.

Thanks very much for the info. I talked with Fish & Game and they said they're pushing hard for it to be open by fall and the (very helpful) person I talked with said that they have a pretty good relationship with the Forest Service, who will ultimately make the decision. Said it was mostly closed for hunting last year because of the fire. I love hunting the year after a burn - usually lots of nice lush new graze for the critters, but with the drought this year, who knows? Another nice person at Forest Service said that she expects it will be mostly open this year, but probably not until later in the summer/fall. Fingers crossed. Back to my other question - would you pick up an OTC elk tag?
Yes, but I would have very low expectations of filling that tag. HEAVILY pressured unit. Go Hunt might help you find other options with better/more access and higher success rates.

<late night infomercial narrator voice>

Welcome, HuntTalk! Are you weary of conservation discussions and YouTube videos and ready for some real entertainment? Well, you, my friend, are in luck! The ‘I Hunt Colorado’ FB group is back and it’s ‘Draw Results Week’!

Enjoy reading the ‘greatest hits’ that you know and love, like:

- “My son and I had same points, I drew and he didn’t - conspiracy!“
- “there should be preference for Natives/lifelong residents”
- “Damn NRs got my tag!”
- “Accidentally typed in Unit X where I’ve never been - can anyone help with private land in unit X?”
- “I had 4 points and of course I applied for a point as first choice, but then I didn’t draw my second choice which only takes 1 point!”

Also featuring some NEW content for the first time ever

48F93A93-82D6-4E1A-A70A-383EBAE6D1B1.jpeg

<end narration>

it’s highly entertaining but I can only take about 5 posts at a time before I need to look away and ponder the fate of society.

That place is maddening and gives me little hope for the future of hunting.
I got off Facebook a month or so ago, but was active on that page quite a bit. Like all social media it makes you have your doubts about the future of mankind.

I didn’t draw my deer unit, it drew into 3 points last year, I applied with 4 and no luck.

Check back with me on early 76 we will be scouting the area and hunting the same season.
Congrats on the tag Mike. I got to go to the show 4 years ago and what a Hoot. I still work at 4crs part time if you want to stop by.
I'm going over a pass from the north near RG Rez to scout the units south for a good friend coming out this fall. If I see anything by the boundary you should know about, I'll PM ya and Gawd's gift!

Welcome, HuntTalk! Are you weary of conservation discussions and YouTube videos and ready for some real entertainment? Well, you, my friend, are in luck! The ‘I Hunt Colorado’ FB group is back and it’s ‘Draw Results Week’!

- “Damn NRs got my tag!”
- “Accidentally typed in Unit X where I’ve never been - can anyone help with private land in unit X?”
- “I had 4 points and of course I applied for a point as first choice, but then I didn’t draw my second choice which only takes 1 point!”

View attachment 184269

<end narration>

it’s highly entertaining but I can only take about 5 posts at a time before I need to look away and ponder the fate of society.
"All herds are managed at a statewide scale"

*Montana entered the chat*

Well it’s happened again. Cpw is rigged. My buddy and I each have 2 points and we tried to draw in unit 201. I haven’t had an elk tag in 14 years. Wtf?

- “Damn NRs got my tag!”

View attachment 184269

<end narration>

Is it just me...or is there a correlation between Colorado draw results getting posted and an influx of "new guy from xxx place" err rather just "new from Colorado"
View attachment 184272

To answer your question, it's just you. ;)

What you were actually seeing was a single person that dropped a bunch of welcome replies on old posts. The mobile view does not give you full info about each post.

2021-05-27_06-35-34.png

FB The ‘I Hunt Colorado’ FB group is back and it’s ‘Draw Results Week’!

- “Damn NRs got my tag!”

That place is maddening and gives me little hope for the future of hunting.
Spot on, course I have to harrass a few of the numbskulls now and then. A very guilty and unsatisfying pleasure each time.

My fave are the idiotic variations of “Cousin Dominick drew with 2 points and my son had 4 points and did not draw, I am so angy with CPW who apparently cant do a fair draw cuz my son was robbed. When asked they never pony up the crucial details such as one guy is a nonresident, etc. or the other was in the youth draw. They just melt away dreaming of revenge on “the man” for fantasy injustices.

As the state that seems to give out the most tags(by far?) it seems Colo is ripe for having the most fools in the draw with zero understanding of how it works, flawlessly and predictably year after year.

Spot on, course I have to harrass a few of the numbskulls now and then. A very guilty and unsatisfying pleasure each time.

My fave are the idiotic variations of “Cousin Dominick drew with 2 points and my son had 4 points and did not draw, I am so angy with CPW who apparently cant do a fair draw cuz my son was robbed. When asked they never pony up the crucial details such as one guy is a nonresident, etc. or the other was in the youth draw. They just melt away dreaming of revenge on “the man” for fantasy injustices.

As the state that seems to give out the most tags(by far?) it seems Colo is ripe for having the most fools in the draw with zero understanding of how it works, flawlessly and predictably year after year.

some of my close friends who have been hunting 3-4x as long as i have still can't understand why they don't draw sometimes.

perks of being an adult onset hunter. when you actually have to figure some stuff out for yourself you actually learn how it works

some of my close friends who have been hunting 3-4x as long as i have still can't understand why they don't draw sometimes.

perks of being an adult onset hunter. when you actually have to figure some stuff out for yourself you actually learn how it works
^ this

Has nothing to do with CO though, the only Montanans that realize NR have to draw an elk tag are forum members.

Can’t tell you how many folks have told me that you can just buy a tag at Walmart.

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiskeyRiver
Back