Yeti GOBOX Collection

2014 Breaks elk

double_a85

A little late getting this on here...

Here is my 2014 Breaks Bull. Not a big bull by any means, but by far the biggest bull I have ever shot.

I am not as good as most of you at the storytelling--- but the highlights:

I got this tag with 6 bonus points. Being a "trophy" tag, I put a lot of pressure on myself. I thought I needed to shoot that monster... never being a horn hunter this was a big change in attitude. By the 3rd day of the season the stress and pressure I had put on myself was beginning to take over. On the way back to camp in the cold, rain/sleet/snow/wind, we saw a bunch of bulls. I had had enough, said if the 2 bigger ones gave me a shot, I would take it...

Ran about 100 yards to the top of the ridge and shot the smaller one, a 4x6. He will fill the freezer very well--- which is ultimately all I cared about anyway.
DSC00626-1.jpg
Thanks to a few fellow Hunt Talkers for sharing valuable info on this hunt.

Congrats! I'm still looking to fill my freezer too!

Nice Bull! There's no better trophy than a full freezer! Especially with beef prices the way they are this year! Congratulations!

Congratulations! That bull and a full freezer sure beat the heck out of my un-notched Washington elk tag. I'm getting quite the collection of those un-notched tags ............ wanna trade?

You are right on about putting the pressure on yourself when you burn a bunch of points for a tag. It is tough having "expectations ". Congrats on setting an elk PR . It is a funny feeling when you look at the result of a tag laying there and the thought is "I'm glad to be done hunting".

That bull was well deserved and you beat the elements to get him. Well done!

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Colt97
Back