PEAX Equipment

2014 Breaks elk

CONGRATS!!!!!! "It's the hunt not the kill" and you made the hunt fun! Enjoy that elk.

good luck to all
the dog

Exactly! I had to tell myself why I hunt in the first place... enjoying the outdoors and good time with family. My wife had to leave the next day, so I was really happy she was there when I filled the tag.

You are right on about putting the pressure on yourself when you burn a bunch of points for a tag. It is tough having "expectations ". Congrats on setting an elk PR . It is a funny feeling when you look at the result of a tag laying there and the thought is "I'm glad to be done hunting".

That bull was well deserved and you beat the elements to get him. Well done!

I really had no idea how much pressure I put on myself until those final moments before and after the elk went down. My wife said she was shocked at how much pressure I had put on myself. She could see me slowly boiling up inside as each day passed, and was glad I finally put an elk on the ground.

I will continue to apply for the same tag, and when/if I get it again, find a nice eating bull for the freezer--- with no pressures next time... hopefully I don't fall into the trap again if I do get drawn.

Never feel bad about killing any elk. They're all trophy's.

Plus, the younger ones always taste good.

Great bull! After the season I've had in the breaks I'd be tickled with one like that.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trapper330
Back