Wyoming Corner Crossing Defense Fund

...and if that specific info is locked in the metadata which is subject to subpoena and discovery…. that could be huge problem

"Also, onX does not store data from programs and users that employ such continuous tracking, according to the company representative."

I'd say Eshelman has no clue the difference between talcum and gun powder.

I'm really curious if it's the lawyers grasping at straws or if Eschelman himself is pushing these absurd arguments and the lawyers are like, "Whatever you say, boss."
I think he's just trying to sway public opinion at this point. Between this and dropping the monetary settlement.

hey @BuzzH i'm just curious, what's the "barbershop talk" up there like on this whole thing these days?

is the average wyoming resident hunter pretty pissed off about fred and all of his bullchit? or is the average wyoming resident hunter just too pro landowner/pro property rights? or does the average wyoming resident hunter really even care all that much?

and, tongue slightly in cheek, is the average resident hunter just too anti NR to want to see any outcome here other than fred taking these NRs to the cleaners? ;)

genuinely curious as i know HT isn't representative of what average Rs in wyoming think of this stuff and wondering if you have any gauge on it?

Last edited:
I would hope that people are not making this a NR vs R thing. The opening of corner crossing would help us all!

I’m not trying to. But I’ve talked plenty and in person with various resident hunters in wyoming over the years. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are residents in wyoming cheering for Fred is my only point

I’m not trying to. But I’ve talked plenty and in person with various resident hunters in wyoming over the years. I wouldn’t be surprised if there are residents in wyoming cheering for Fred is my only point
Not sure I'm an average resident or not, but I am not rooting for Fred. Many residents I know feel the same. I'm guessing the residents who would be against corner crossing are the ones that own land. I haven't heard anything about this being a R vs NR issue.

hey @BuzzH i'm just curious, what's the "barbershop talk" up there like on this whole thing these days?

is the average wyoming resident hunter pretty pissed off about fred and all of his bullchit? or is the average wyoming resident hunter just too pro landowner/pro property rights? or does the average wyoming resident hunter really even care all that much?

and, tongue slightly in cheek, is the average resident hunter just too anti NR to want to see any outcome here other than fred taking these NRs to the cleaners? ;)

genuinely curious as i know HT isn't representative of what average Rs in wyoming think of this stuff and wondering if you have any gauge on it?
I think the average Resident hunter wants what we all do, the ability to cross corners to access our public lands.

I was on a panel a couple weeks back, myself and 3 attorneys, including Jim Magagna who is the lobbyist for the Wyoming Livestock association. One of the 3 was also a law professor at UW.

It went well, and at this point the law professor, who was a previous lawyer for the DOI, thought that the good guys win this case at the 10th when its appealed. It most certainly will be. Not bragging or complaining, but I pretty much owned the high ground on that entire discussion on that panel. The audience seemed to be doing a lot of shaking their heads in agreement when I was making my points, not the same when others on the panel were making theirs.

Jim Magagna I believe, knows its going to be decided in favor of corner crossing and seems willing to talk about how we move forward once it does. I have some thoughts regarding unmarked corners, what type of access we allow at the corners, etc. He won't have a choice but to come to the table.

This is clearly not, in any way, a R vs. NR deal, if it were, I don't think the group I co-chair would have been too keen on putting our reputation on the line for 4 NR hunters from Missouri, or raising $120K to pay for the court case(s). We also probably wouldn't have spent chapter funds to hire a lobbyist to work this issue through 2025 just for the sake of Resident hunters. This issue is much bigger and too important to worry about R vs. NR.

This is one of those issues that if it goes the right way, is going to be a tremendous benefit to Sportsmen and answer a question that has been in that gray area for wayyyyy too long. It will solve some of the issues the landowners, GF, and hunters have regarding access and wildlife management.

I'm never comfortable in how this thing will play out as anytime a judge is involved, you just never know how things will shake out in the end. But, from some indications and from talking to a boat load of law professors and attorneys, I like our odds.

Should know more by the end of the week, stay tuned.

Not sure if it is the same but there always seems to be a judge somewhere who overturns or grants an injunction pausing something. Could that happen in this case?

Cannot say I have talked to single Wyo res that is hoping Fred wins.
This issue is much bigger and too important to worry about R vs. NR.

certainly. i wasn't implying it is R v NR or even that it is a wyoming resident specific thing.

really, whatever state this legal battle could've ended up happening in i imagine there are some residents who would go so far as to make it an R versus NR thing. there are strange folks out there in every state, just curious if anyone has heard anything like that.

also kinda why i made that one comment specifically tongue in cheek.

but that's great info buzz, thank you. and thanks again for being on the front lines of this fight.

We also probably wouldn't have spent chapter funds to hire a lobbyist to work this issue through 2025 just for the sake of Resident hunters.

I can see it now, “corner crossing deemed legal for WY residents, non-residents must be accompanied by licensed guide or qualified resident”.

Just a joke @BuzzH, thanks for your continued efforts on this.

I've seen a mix of.views, but they mostly follow personal holdings. Most I know think we should be able to cross , especially at a post. Landowners who own corners on the other hand want fred to win, as do outfitters who lease corners

Last edited:
I’m sure there’s even some intellectually honest folks out there who can separate what benefits them from what is reasonable and equitable.

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back