Caribou Gear

Wyoming Corner Crossing Defense Fund

I love when this guy basically says "well if you give me special treatment, find these guys guilty of trespass, and make it prohibited to corner cross in the public land I am blocking off, then I will drop my bogus civil case saying they cause millions of dollars in damage to my ranch"

I hate people. If I was rich I would setup a helicopter shuttle for public land hunters just to stick it to this clown.

Someone pointed out in the comments the apparent contradiction by Fred's lawyer - he said the land owner owns the air above the land to the edge of the universe and then said that the public land can be accessed by helicopter or plane. I couldn't see them in the picture, but I assume the lawyer's shoes look like this:
1684260633094.png

Someone pointed out in the comments the apparent contradiction by Fred's lawyer - he said the land owner owns the air above the land to the edge of the universe and then said that the public land can be accessed by helicopter or plane. I couldn't see them in the picture, but I assume the lawyer's shoes look like this:
View attachment 276118
The laws are currently in contradiction.
One law says you own the airspace. but another says low flying aircraft are not trespassing unless damage is done.
Laws regarding trespassing on private land should be independent of property damage. It's all a big mess.
It's as if the legislators all wear size 18 shoes 😉

Hmmm... I cautiously like the quotes from this judge, but I can't shake the feeling that the powerful are going to find a way to make sure a grand decision doesn't happen. Do we know much about this judge?
The attorneys for the Missouri hunters have said all along that the judge for this case is the right judge to have. In zoom meetings, emails, etc. the attorneys have been confident in the judge.

I don't know they judge, they do. Personally, I'm never confident of any judge or jury in any case. You just never know for sure how these things will go.

I like what was stated in the article, I like being confident, and I've talked to a ton of lawyers, law professors, etc. that all say the odds are very good for a favorable decision.

But, IMO/E, you never know until its decided.

Either way, its going to be appealed, I would guess.

I notice how Eshelman's sock puppet account under the name 'paul burke' always comments on these articles.
Did any of you guys see Cat Urbigkits article in Cowboy State daily? She’s claiming someone was posting similar comments supportive of private property rights under her name.

The attorneys for the Missouri hunters have said all along that the judge for this case is the right judge to have. In zoom meetings, emails, etc. the attorneys have been confident in the judge.

I don't know they judge, they do. Personally, I'm never confident of any judge or jury in any case. You just never know for sure how these things will go.

I like what was stated in the article, I like being confident, and I've talked to a ton of lawyers, law professors, etc. that all say the odds are very good for a favorable decision.

But, IMO/E, you never know until its decided.

Either way, its going to be appealed, I would guess.
I wonder if the comments made by the MO hunters attorney of “liking the judge” is just applying indirect pressure publicly. I agree, no judge is ever predictable.

I wonder if the comments made by the MO hunters attorney of “liking the judge” is just applying indirect pressure publicly. I agree, no judge is ever predictable.
They never stated it publicly that I know of. I don't recall them using the the word like, just that the judge was the right one to hear the case.

That may seem nuanced, but these attorneys the Missouri 4 have are pretty measured in how they state things.

I listen closely every time we've had meetings with them and I pay particular attention to how they say things, and maybe more importantly, what they DONT say.

Chalk one up for the good guys.

I love it when hunters/fishermen come together and do things like this.

Thanks to all that contributed to the GoFundMe.

Thanks to all the WYBHA folks that worked their asses off and had the fortitude to stand up for what's right.

Also, @JM77 who did a lot of work behind the scenes and who we leaned on to find attorneys and helped at every turn. He also put up with countless phone calls for hours at a time from me talking about this case.

Heres to hoping it holds up on appeal...I like our chances.

Great job to all...

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back