wyoming antelope...yeah baby

buckwild

hey guys. never been hunting for antelopes befor . me and my lady aer going week after next. going to lusk. never been that far north befor. where should we hunt? does anybody have some land we can come hunt on? went out and we shot the guns today. i can hit a paperplate just about everytiem at 100 and can not wait. hoping its not to cold or windy. where can we go hunting at? thanks

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Hitting a paperplate at 100 yards to me just isn't accurate enough. Are you hitting it deadcenter everytime? You really want sight it in at 200 yards, which means you should be 2" high at 100 yards to compensate for the drop. Also check the Wy fish and game site for information of Walk in areas in the area you plan to hunt or call them and they can send you a list of landowners allowing access mostly for a fee.. Good Luck!
Robert

Someone correct me if I'm wrong. Hitting a paperplate at 100 yards to me just isn't accurate enough. Are you hitting it deadcenter everytime? You really want sight it in at 200 yards, which means you should be 2" high at 100 yards to compensate for the drop. Also check the Wy fish and game site for information of Walk in areas in the area you plan to hunt or call them and they can send you a list of landowners allowing access mostly for a fee.. Good Luck!
Robert
I am sure he means offhand wich is more than what most people can do.

its my grandaddys old model 12 12 guage. that should kill one right?
Thats where the 100yd paper plate comes in. Yeah it will work. Should be a fun time using that old shotgun I have an old model 12 myself but have never ran slugs through it.

whats a smoothbore? does that mean shooting pumkin balls throu it? who do i need to call when i kill a antelope? do i need to tag it in somewhre?

whats a smoothbore? does that mean shooting pumkin balls throu it? who do i need to call when i kill a antelope? do i need to tag it in somewhre?
Stop at a game check station tag the horns.Have you been hunting before for anything?

yes. rabbits mostly. shot a deer out by the barn last fall. just got tv about a year ago and watched this show. can t wait to be in wyoming next week.

hey guys. never been hunting for antelopes befor . me and my lady aer going week after next. going to lusk. never been that far north befor. where should we hunt? does anybody have some land we can come hunt on? went out and we shot the guns today. i can hit a paperplate just about everytiem at 100 and can not wait. hoping its not to cold or windy. where can we go hunting at? thanks

Wow! :confused:

hardscrabble thats a nice looking antelope in your picture. maybe i should go hunting with you

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrGeauxNewMexico
Back