Caribou Gear Tarp

Why in the hell…

You’ll be here at Sam’s Place cafe in LHC with your MAGA hat and side by side parked outside with not contradictory at all thin blue line and don’t tread on me flags, harassing the less than minimum wage waitresses before you know it.
Pretty sure that won't be me. More than likely I will be the guy that side-swipes the side by side on the way out of the parking lot and end up in a road rage incident. 😁

Make sure to drive in the left lane at half the speed limit at 7AM when others are trying to get to work. If you don’t do that, you’re not living up to your retiree obligations.
When I first got married my landlord was retired. He would drive 25 mph down I-5 in a 1949 Willys pickup looking for dropped tools.

Living the dream.

The first time my wife came to the states we stopped to fill up. She went in to get something to drink so I gave her a few bucks. After getting done I started to wondering what was taking so long. When I got inside found that she had taken the bag with all the loose change from the truck. She was trying to figure out what each one was worth, along with a few people waiting behind her. After getting back to the truck spent some time going over what each coin was worth. Now I just give all the coins to our son to but in his piggy bank to keep them away from his mom.

Lemme see here,,,,,, your in a hurry? Maybe you should have started off earlier? People have a right to pay in whatever manner the store accepts.
"Take a pill, smoke a joint. Calm down, life is short."
Lighten up. It's all in good fun. This thread was started to poke fun at myself as much as the lady who wrote the check.

The first time my wife came to the states we stopped to fill up. She went in to get something to drink so I gave her a few bucks. After getting done I started to wondering what was taking so long. When I got inside found that she had taken the bag with all the loose change from the truck. She was trying to figure out what each one was worth, along with a few people waiting behind her. After getting back to the truck spent some time going over what each coin was worth. Now I just give all the coins to our son to but in his piggy bank to keep them away from his mom.

It is an unwritten law that the only people allowed to pay with change are crack heads buying lottery tickets that are too jittery to properly count change.

I just got back from my monthly Costco run. I got all my stuff and headed for the checkout. I see one with just one woman unloading her cart and think I just got lucky. The guy rings her up and says "$62.27" This woman was either a waitress or a 50-year-old stripper, because she opened her big ol' purse and starts pulling out fistfuls of wadded up ones and fives. I just about broke out laughing but held it back because nobody else would have gotten the joke and the cashier didn't look like he was in the mood for laughter at that particular moment.

To top it off, by the time they got all the bills more or less flattened out and counted she had exactly $62.00. She had to break out the old debit card to pay the last 27 cents anyway. 🤣🤣🤣

I only use checks when I have no other choice. They last a while! Autopay straight from the checking account, monthly to a credit card to build points, debit card or cash at the store. I just cleaned out most of my change laying around when I went to Walmart. Stuffed my pocket full of coins and used the self checkout. Just started pumping them in. Used up about $9 before I needed bills! Not working a job keeps me away from the vending machines to use them up.

I just got back from my monthly Costco run. I got all my stuff and headed for the checkout. I see one with just one woman unloading her cart and think I just got lucky. The guy rings her up and says "$62.27" This woman was either a waitress or a 50-year-old stripper, because she opened her big ol' purse and starts pulling out fistfuls of wadded up ones and fives. I just about broke out laughing but held it back because nobody else would have gotten the joke and the cashier didn't look like he was in the mood for laughter at that particular moment.

To top it off, by the time they got all the bills more or less flattened out and counted she had exactly $62.00. She had to break out the old debit card to pay the last 27 cents anyway. 🤣🤣🤣
There is no possible way to get out of Costco for $62.27. maybe $367.27.

The town I live in several businesses have self-checkout so I rarely get stuck behind the check-writing dinosaur.

I’m to the point now where there is an online payment option for everything I buy, except 1… Twelve checks written a year until the holdout transitions to electronic payment.
15 or so items ok but I'm not checking myself out with like $400 worth of groceries. There was a new grocery store that opened near us my wife wanted to try called Winco couple years ago. We went had a entire cart overflowing got to the register and it was all self checkout bag yourself. My wife had failed to mention that fun fact. I will never do that again!

We have a restaurant in town cash or check only. Lots of places here add a surcharge for using a card(pass along cost) including the county offices. These surcharges add up if paying taxes or registration type stuff so out comes checkbook!
My water, sewer, and trash is managed by the city. They charge 3% to use your credit card or you can setup direct deposit from your bank account and they tack in a $1 “convenience fee.”

That’s big government right there.

15 or so items ok but I'm not checking myself out with like $400 worth of groceries. There was a new grocery store that opened near us my wife wanted to try called Winco couple years ago. We went had a entire cart overflowing got to the register and it was all self checkout bag yourself. My wife had failed to mention that fun fact. I will never do that again!
I have a hell of a time bagging with my arthritic hands. After I fall behind I just put the stuff directly into the cart and bag it out at the car. That's a good store. Ours is a couple hours drive, about time to go and stock up again.

It seems to be an old woman thing. You would think they could at least fill out everything but the amount before she gets to the register, but that seems to be the proper time to dig around the purse to find the checkbook

It seems to be an old woman thing. You would think they could at least fill out everything but the amount before she gets to the register, but that seems to be the proper time to dig around the purse to find the checkbook
Sort of like how you’d think the passenger would be ready to get out of the truck before the driver, but that never happens?

My water, sewer, and trash is managed by the city. They charge 3% to use your credit card or you can setup direct deposit from your bank account and they tack in a $1 “convenience fee.”

That’s big government right there.
That convenience fee is BS. It doesn’t cost them anything.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juicer52
Back