New scale

Nope, I check mine with a known weight. It has never been off. Mine doesn’t need a calibration every time. In fact it’s been so long, I can’t tell you the last time I did it.
I loaded up 100 4.5 gr. .38 snake loads and just fired it up without calibration. It worked fine without all the recalibration set up. I learn something new every day.
 
I use an rcbs beam scale for measuring charge weights, and a small little cheap digital for setting up the powder thrower. Speeds thing up.

The cheap amazon digital is actually better than other reloading brand digital (Lyman and rcbs) that I have used.
 
YOLO

 
Beam scales suck. I went to a Chargemaster Combo several years ago and couldn’t be happier. Way easier and more consistent for me than a beam scale.
I'm dying to know how you're measuring consistency.
 
I use two of these. I measure and hand trickle onto the one and check with the other, then dump the powder into the case.

I have found it to be accurate/consistent within .+-.2 grains. I’m no ribbon charger though.


1782728695951.png
 
I have a 50 year old RCBS balance beam with 3 adjustment and weights that's dead on and always has been. I was sent a newer model RCBS to repair that only has 2 adjustment weights and the quality difference is very obvious. The old scale is perfect while the new scale is junk.

My RCBS 505 has been true and faithful since I got it 25 years ago.
 
I use the hornady autocharge pro that came in the kit with the press. Its worked great and no complaints here.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
120,101
Messages
2,249,782
Members
39,092
Latest member
jgarren
Back
Top