Yeti GOBOX Collection

Why in the hell…

I’ve never understood why any adult these days doesn’t use a credit card for 99% of their purchases.

When you use a cc you shift all the risk of theft to the credit card company. Someone steals your card they deal with it and are out the money not you.

In the last year there have only been 5 different entities paid from my checking 3 credit cards 2 utilities.

Beyond that I’ve found my credit card companies have more ATM locations than my bank so if I do need cash I can avoid fees.

Checks/debit cards are major targets for fraud.

And I’ve never dropped $50 in credit on the ground. I think I’m lifetime total $500 found on the ground.
It's my middle finger to banks. They won't pay us interest, but will screw us on fees.

A $50 bill never quits being a $50 bill. No fees involved in any transaction. And when the power goes out, you can still buy with cash.

Call me old. I don't mind.

David
NM

It's my middle finger to banks. They won't pay us interest, but will screw us on fees.

A $50 bill never quits being a $50 bill. No fees involved in any transaction. And when the power goes out, you can still buy with cash.

Call me old. I don't mind.

David
NM
As the card holder you don’t pay fees, you get money back.

Also my bank is paying 3.5% on a savings account.

As the card holder you don’t pay fees, you get money back.

Also my bank is paying 3.5% on a savings account.
Exactly.
If you do your homework and get a good card you're to get that back as rewards and then some. Many a flight have been paid for with credit card rewards.
Also, if you pay your balance every month and don't carry debt over, goodbye interest.

I went to the courthouse to register a vehicle and one of the ladies working there had on a t shirt from the show.

I was in Murdochs the other day looking at the belt buckles from Montana Silversmiths. Sure enough, one with the Yellowstone brand.
I have been at a conference in Des Moines all week with all of the department heads in every county in Iowa county. Treasurers, assessors, County attorneys, etc. 1 guy has been walking around dressed like Rip.

Credit card companies are nothing more than legalized loan sharks. They present themselves as good guys with their rebates. Those rebates are calculated into the price by the company selling the goods your buying. The sellers inflate their prices to cover the additional cost. Unfortunately when you pay cash the inflated cost/ rebate is lost. As others have said if you don't use a money back card your getting screwed.

Credit card companies are nothing more than legalized loan sharks. They present themselves as good guys with their rebates. Those rebates are calculated into the price by the company selling the goods your buying. The sellers inflate their prices to cover the additional cost. Unfortunately when you pay cash the inflated cost/ rebate is lost. As others have said if you don't use a money back card your getting screwed.
If my balance is paid monthly, there is no chance I am being screwed. Beware the scary plastic. mtmuley

I made it a point 20-30 years ago to never buy anything with an open account or a credit card that I didn't have the cash for. Cash as in green money sitting in an envelope.
If that's your system, great. mtmuley

Yup, that's the stuff. A dollar bill is worth less than the paper it's printed on but you can still use it to buy crap you don't need and not have to make payments on it.
Seems like you have a good system.

Not only that, but if the store inflated the prices to cover the costs of credit cards, paying cash won’t be any benefit because they don’t discount the purchase at the til if you pay with cash.
a lot of stores add 3% for card costs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sbaker
Back