Who is going to SLC Hunt Expo?

I'll be around the day of the banquet, but probably won't be going for $75/seat...

Congrats to the Non-Residents!
NEW in 2009 – 5 Trophy Utah Hunts for Non-Resident Only
1 Desert Bighorn Sheep
1 Rocky Mountain Bighorn Sheep
1 Shiras Moose
1 Mountain Goat
1 Bison

I can't seriously believe what they'll allow in this state...

I'm taking home one of those tags you cant believe Utah will allow us NR's to have. Somebody has to, may as well be me.

It's my turn and I might have to go just to apply in person. :D

Big Fin, did Ryan get a moose in Utah?

Hey, I hope one of you two draw!! Really I do! I just want an invite to tag along... :D

I seriously don't get the mindset of the hunting public in this state...

Isn't it due to drinking heartily from the SFWA/Don Peay Kool-Aid trough?
I'd say partially. I think the other part resides with the DWR, who's done a great job of convincing the masses of the benefits of managing for trophies over opportunity. A whole lot of folks here are fine giving up every year opportunities for the chance at one tag for a whopper. Take a look at the number, size of the 'any bull' units and the DWR touts the favor of giving us a few more spike only areas this year.

Jose- I tried to post a link to a Hunt Talk thread that was going on back in March regarding Don Peay/SFWA but every time I try to post a message or send a PM with a link in it I get this message: "Warning: strpos() [function.strpos]: Empty delimiter. in /global.php(360) : eval()'d code on line 238
Redirecting...
Thank you for posting! Your post will not be visible until a moderator has approved it for posting. You will now be taken back to the forum. If you opted to post a poll, you will now be allowed to do so.

Click here if your browser does not automatically redirect you."

Sooooooo, do a search for Peay and look for a thread titled World Class Outfitters.

Big Fin, did Ryan get a moose in Utah?

Not sure. I think he got real busy with his new gig, and that interfered with his hunting. I know he was going down the last week of season, but haven't had a chance to talk to him to get the report. I would think pics would have been circulating if he had got one.

I'm thinking UT has an elk tag with my name on it. And I will collect such by going down for the Expo and throwing my name in the hat. Ttruth be known, I went on line and already threw my name in the hat..............about seventy times. :eek:

I would apply for stuff but i usually draw, So I'll stay out to let the other Hunttalkers put their name in and have a chance. You're welcome.... :p

BigFin.... Do you have Room at yer table for Bryce and Me ? We need to lock that in... You're not tentativly holding a spot for me unless someone better decides to go.. are you ?

BigFin.... Do you have Room at yer table for Bryce and Me ? We need to lock that in... You're not tentativly holding a spot for me unless someone better decides to go.. are you ?

Seats for you and Bryce are reserved, unless..........someone better decides to go. :p

So far, it looks like you, Bryce, Oak, Buzz, Doug, Me, Mrs. Fin (maybe, but we will probably scare her off), ?, ?, and ?.

Greenie might be going, but he will probably drive down, validate his license, then sneak out the back door before the paparazzi can track him down.

One month from today... Looks like it's getting closer. Matter of fact, if my "OAK MATH" is right, every day it's a day closer..... Or is that Tom's math ?!?!?!?!

Seats for you and Bryce are reserved, unless..........someone better decides to go. :p

So far, it looks like you, Bryce, Oak, Buzz, Doug, Me, Mrs. Fin (maybe, but we will probably scare her off), ?, ?, and ?.

Greenie might be going, but he will probably drive down, validate his license, then sneak out the back door before the paparazzi can track him down.

Big Fin,

If I am not busy bussing tables or washing dishes at this banquet, would you still have an extra seat? Moosie wanted me to watch movies with him on the way down so IDBugler doesn't watch them while he drives..... :eek:

Big Fin,

If I am not busy bussing tables or washing dishes at this banquet, would you still have an extra seat? Moosie wanted me to watch movies with him on the way down so IDBugler doesn't watch them while he drives..... :eek:

Funny you should ask. There is another seat available. Just know that we aren't having nachos and chimichangas, rather lutefisk and mashed spuds. :D

Well, I spent $420 today for a chance at 156 Utah tags. Let's all cross our fingers that I get one of those sheep tags, ok?

NEW Sitka Ambient 75

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lincoln's Poppi
Back