Which one of you bastards . . . .

I met the Tillamook guys at a trailhead in Idaho one year (2011?). We came out to take care of some meat and restock supplies. They were camped there and offered to keep/watch our horses overnight while we took meat to town and got eats and showers and a night in a bed.
Salt of the Earth people. Can't remember exactly but I want to say it was a grandfather, son, and couple grandsons and nephews, maybe?
Being from out East, we had never heard of Tillamook, but we learned about it/them in the parking lot that trip. They had plenty of samples for us to try.
Tillamook was the only cheese EVER allowed in our western hunting camps from that day on. Buddies and I would talk about it over the off season while planning our fall trips. We would bring blocks of cheese home from out West to our families in lieu of souvenirs.
These days you can find it in some local stores here in South-West Virginia (not South, West Virginia) if you care enough to buy the very best.
I have all my family and friends turned on to their cheese, as well.
Will have to try the ice cream for sure.

I met the Tillamook guys at a trailhead in Idaho one year (2011?). We came out to take care of some meat and restock supplies. They were camped there and offered to keep/watch our horses overnight while we took meat to town and got eats and showers and a night in a bed.
Salt of the Earth people. Can't remember exactly but I want to say it was a grandfather, son, and couple grandsons and nephews, maybe?
Being from out East, we had never heard of Tillamook, but we learned about it/them in the parking lot that trip. They had plenty of samples for us to try.
Tillamook was the only cheese EVER allowed in our western hunting camps from that day on. Buddies and I would talk about it over the off season while planning our fall trips. We would bring blocks of cheese home from out West to our families in lieu of souvenirs.
These days you can find it in some local stores here in South-West Virginia (not South, West Virginia) if you care enough to buy the very best.
I have all my family and friends turned on to their cheese, as well.
They have the best Ice cream, its about the only brand I will eat.

Tillamook boy here - you can actually get smoked cheddar from the factory but I don't believe it leaves the county. I lived in NY state for a while and couldn't get cheese locally, it was pretty terrible - in Colorado things are much better.

Although there is a lot of Tillamook available locally I still usually buy the Winco branded cheese from the deli area. Very good quality at a reasonable price.

Some DIY cheese smoking sounds like something I need to add to the list of things to do this winter.

I was having their "Old fashion Vanilla" last night with some crushed M&Ms on top (greatest combo ever, Peanut M&Ms take it to a whole new level). The key to their ice cream is literally the texture/flavor combo. It's so damn creamy and perfectly flavored. No matter what flavor you like, it's perfection. Honestly, if someone did a blind taste test, I don't know if any other ice cream brand would get a single vote.

Actually, the best cheese in the world is cougar gold. However my blue-collar lifestyle does not allow the purchase of it very often. If you are ever in Pullman, grab a can. You will thank me.
I'm throwing up in my mouth just thinking about canned cheese..... Sorry, I just can't attempt such a thing.

Anytime I was visiting my now-wife at WSU we would make multiple stops to the creamery while we were in town. Hard to beat and worth any time you put towards getting there!

@Sytes reported us....:)
maybe --or maybe it was Ben Lamb, when he interjected Devils lettuce into the conversation ;)

I hope that wasn't it as I wanted to tell him my ship mate ask if I liked Hawaiian Coffee and I answered to the affirmative. She is going to get me something called Caramel Kona coffee Kush. and play either Dylan, Rainy Day woman and/or Peter Paul and Mary, Puff the magic dragon.

I will miss cheese in my diet ( and wine ) :cry:

I even loved the cheese they put on chips at the fairgrounds. I miss those times. Chips smothered in cheese with a little tabasco, beer, rodeo, square dancing, good friends--cowboys in jeans and chaps---maybe after I have some Hawaiian coffee or its equivalent, I could spend one more day at the fair . Is your invitation still open Harley ? Do they have rodeos in Montana, Hunting wife ? Is so, is your invitation still open ? Am I feeling a bit melancholy--dah ! :)

And last but certainly not least --Ben, your opinion of her suggestion ? AND, Harley, look deep in your music vault and see if there is anything beside Dylan I might like as he was not one of my favorites o_O

oops--now I see we are on ice cream. Another one of my favorite things in my past was making home made ice cream. We took turns cranking the handle and complaining but loved eating the ice cream. :love: Seems like yesterday.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jordanhronek
Back