Which one of you bastards . . . .

Picking up a couple chunk cheeses and plan on lighting the Hickory in the smoker later this week. Making me hungry thinking about it!

Last edited:
Actually, the best cheese in the world is cougar gold. However my blue-collar lifestyle does not allow the purchase of it very often. If you are ever in Pullman, grab a can. You will thank me.
After picking up some Cougar Gold, drive 7 miles to the east, and get some Vandal Smoked Meats at the U of I Ag lab.
nice little combo.

After picking up some Cougar Gold, drive 7 miles to the east, and get some Vandal Smoked Meats at the U of I Ag lab.
nice little combo.
Figures. I didn’t know about this! I wasn’t a Coug, just dating one! They could have at least told me about this! Those Vandals just keep all the good stuff to themselves!

Oh well. I doubt I’ll be back in that area anytime soon.

Tillamook? Please. Try Scray Cheese in DePere - which is in Wisconsin. They’ve had a DRIVE-THRU window for curds since before COVID made drive-thru windows cool again. Stop in when they’re being made fresh on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.

maybe --or maybe it was Ben Lamb, when he interjected Devils lettuce into the conversation ;)

I hope that wasn't it as I wanted to tell him my ship mate ask if I liked Hawaiian Coffee and I answered to the affirmative. She is going to get me something called Caramel Kona coffee Kush. and play either Dylan, Rainy Day woman and/or Peter Paul and Mary, Puff the magic dragon.

I will miss cheese in my diet ( and wine ) :cry:

I even loved the cheese they put on chips at the fairgrounds. I miss those times. Chips smothered in cheese with a little tabasco, beer, rodeo, square dancing, good friends--cowboys in jeans and chaps---maybe after I have some Hawaiian coffee or its equivalent, I could spend one more day at the fair . Is your invitation still open Harley ? Do they have rodeos in Montana, Hunting wife ? Is so, is your invitation still open ? Am I feeling a bit melancholy--dah ! :)

And last but certainly not least --Ben, your opinion of her suggestion ? AND, Harley, look deep in your music vault and see if there is anything beside Dylan I might like as he was not one of my favorites o_O

oops--now I see we are on ice cream. Another one of my favorite things in my past was making home made ice cream. We took turns cranking the handle and complaining but loved eating the ice cream. :love: Seems like yesterday.
while harley is looking through his music, let me suggest

Roll me up and smoke me when I die ---Willie Nelson

That will give you cowboys, and a song about Hawaiian coffee . ;)

Tillamook? Please. Try Scray Cheese in DePere - which is in Wisconsin. They’ve had a DRIVE-THRU window for curds since before COVID made drive-thru windows cool again. Stop in when they’re being made fresh on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays.
Wisconsin invented the Drive thru. Drive thru liquor and drive thru cheese stores, what could go wrong!

Just my luck I'd show up on a Saturday and get a two day old curd :(

Any tips on cheese smoking? I've tried it before and it seems like longer is better, as well as keep the temps down below melting! Going to do sharp cheddar and swiss cheeses with Hickory.

Any tips on cheese smoking? I've tried it before and it seems like longer is better, as well as keep the temps down below melting! Going to do sharp cheddar and swiss cheeses with Hickory.

Only done it once to take this with a grain of salt. I have a vertical electric smoker. I did a mailbox mod on mine so I can run as low a temp as my smoker will allow with max smoke output from the mailbox. I did 4 hours. Also make sure you let it sit a day or two before you try it. Its real bitter right off the smoker. YMMV

Meet Kent Rollins. He is the best. I have one of his cookbooks. He does a lot of dutch oven cooking, but he cooks everything. Here is a cheese smoking video.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Su Sal
Back