Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

What's Your Lucky Hunting Item

JTHOMP

Mine is my lucky shirt and I'll swear by it. It does not mean I'll kill what I'm after, but I'll at least see one which is a successful hunt in my book. First time wearing it on a scouting trip and had an 8 point walk 10 yards in front of me. Second time wearing it first deer hunt of the season killed a deer. Wore it a few more times with the luck still going. The next season hunting Missouri I expected deer to be every where. After 3 days did not even see a deer. Broke out the lucky shirt and saw a deer. Next hunt killed a nice buck.

I've had it through 3 hunting seasons now. My friends laugh when I say it's time to break out the lucky shirt, but I can't deny the results.

Anyone else have a lucky go to item?

I lost my lucky beanie a few years ago. I think i left it on a gutpile. It broke my heart. It had been on my head for a long time and had probably 30 big game animals under it. I felt like i would have rather lost my $2000 binos

I have lost to many lucky knives, sharpeners, elk teeth and pants and shirts that became rags after years of service. The habit that caused my family and friends grief was not washing my cloths if I thought it would change my luck. The sweat smell of success.

I have a lucky sweatshirt. It smells like bigfoots crotch. But I still wear it.

I still have my first hunting hat I got when I started bow hunting for deer when I was 12. I keep it in a tote with all my gear. When I’m I’m getting dressed at the tailgate of the truck to head out in the woods I put it on for a few minutes. Can’t say that it helps but I still do it. I’ll turn 50 next month so I’ve been doing it for awhile.

Back when my Grandfather was alive he was a Jim Beam man. Last year when we scattered his ashes at his favorite fishing hole, I poured out a pint for him, and refilled it with water from the pond. I keep that with me in my pack. I'm not sure if it brings luck or anything, but it does make me feel like he is close.

I haven't done this in a while...... when I was younger and went deer hunting I would take Peanut butter and jelly sandwich along. It never failed that I shot a deer and went home with my uneaten PB&J. I should try this since it's been so long ago :)

Two things.....first is my headlamp. It was issued to me and went to both wars with me along with about every outdoor adventure since 2009. Love that thing. Second, drinks for camp a) 12 pack of Busch at the store in Toponas- I did it the first year at elk camp and filled 2 tags. This one might have gone away as the store was up for sale last season b) and we always have a bottle of Rumpleminz. It only gets opened to toasts animals after we have been successful....a little Weidmannsdank !!!

My wife!
More specifically, when the distance between her and I are the greatest, so has my luck been. She stays home in NC, I drive 2400 miles to MT...BINGO!

Don't know if it's lucky or not but I still carry the "huntin knife" my dad gave me 53 years ago.

My lucky "item" is persistence. For a bowhunter helps increase your odds like spending time in the field. Someone once said "the harder I hunt the luckier I get".

I have an old leather hat that I bought in Frankenmuth Michigan 30 years ago. Went up to Michigan for a nephews wedding. Wore this hat on every hunt, my hunting hat.

Every animal I have shot in this period was with this hat,

As I only wear it for hunting, it shrinks in the off season. I soak in water and let it mold to my head.

My little buddy Bucky Badger on my T shirt. Bought a few at Cabela's in Sidney years ago when they had stores only in Nebraska, Minnesota and Wisconsin. Wish I'd gotten a few more.

Attachments

• antelope 3.jpg
    antelope 3.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 4
Not carrying anything I need post kill, It never fails if I have everything I need I never kill anything but leave a knife in the truck something is going to die.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back