Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

What did you all get for CHRISTMAS!

Wow. I wish I had some of your wives. Mine got me nothing. But that's what I told her I needed. Still thought maybe get at least a card.. Haha . Hmm wonder if she's telling me something. On the other hand I got her an EE enigma 20degree quilt. Guess I will just have to use it more than she does. Maybe next year is my year.

Onpoint wins.

Similarly,

My sister moved to Helena around Halloween from Austin due to health reasons. She's been living away from family for a long time (we had aunt's, unclies, cousins, etc is Austin but she was never the center piece in any families Christmas). She's been having some health problems with thyroid issues and some early stage cancers that are related to environmental conditions so moving out of Texas was necessary. She's been fitting in well, making droends, etc. But it was pretty clear she was trepidatious about Christmas again. We invited her over Christmas Eve day & watched corney movies & made our grandfather's ham & beans (a family tradition). Christmas morning we woke up & had coffee/tea & started opening gifts. She had a ridiculously full stocking & about 7-8 presents under the tree. The giggles & laughs from her were absolutely the best presents I had this Christmas.

And I got new reel for the 3wt & a woobie.

I took an old person for a ride around town after dark, Christmas night, to look
at all of the light displays. Turned out to bed a better gift than any thing else.

Miss Ruth is the 1st person to show up at work, around 0530, after I've been there since 2300. She always takes a moment of her time to stop and allow a couple of minutes social graces. I don't know if it was in a conversation, or that she's just observant, but she did give a very thoughtful & welcomed gift.....

download.jpg

I got a CZ WOODCOCK over/under 12 gauge with beautiful wood on it! I've already shot ducks, pheasants, and quail with it!! Oh, and a pair of slippers.

Already? Wow! Awesome. Glad you've got a "proper" upland game gun now. :)

Merry Christmas! Guy

An interesting attitude adjustment.
Besides spending dawn on Xmas morning on Montana public land dusted with fresh snow and capped by flights of geese, with good dogs, a friend, roosters, and crisp air...
My wife and I went to my moms to have dinner with her and her husband - an 86 year old (mostly) blind Korean War vet, bonafide Montana cowboy, old fart, born in a mud house on Montana's Shields River. I've heard his stories of guiding sheep hunters in the 70's in the Absaroka's and elk on the Gallatin Divide in the 60's, filtering water through sand bags in 55 gallon drums to make coffee at the front in Korea, leading the Appy rides with horsemen from allover the country, and blowing up horse's wrecked in the Bob stories - for years.
Same thing yesterday before, during, and after dinner. I tend to begin to mentally check out after an hour or two.....
However, he's a true hard old timer who doesn't say please, thank you, or show much feelings often.
Last night on the way out the door he grabbed my wife and told her "thanks I really needed this little visit tonight". Caught me by surprise. Some gifts don't come with wrapping, a bow, and a return receipt...........

Absolutely outstanding!

My Korean War veteran father in law passed away several years ago. He was my best friend for 30 years. Miss him, and his stories. Thanks for sharing your story!

I got a "senior pass" to the National Parks! Woo Hoo! :) Am very excited about that. Intend to see a lot more of them in the coming years.

Merry Christmas All!

Guy

I don't ask for any of my friends of family for anything more than some of their time for Christmas, so I usually end up buying myself a gift. This year it was a Tikka T3x Superlite and another Leupold. It'll eventually make it's way to my oldest son, in another 6 years or so, if I've done my duty in sparking his interest in hunting.

My wife got me a bunch of new work clothing...shirts, pants, socks, some Duluth underwear which are well worth the price. Partly because my older clothing was getting pretty raggedy, but mostly because it's a TAX write off for my contract work :) I also got some other assorted stuff, a scratch off lotto ticket in my stocking that I won $100 on, and a new Petzl headlamp. The two boys made out like bandits, per usual, as did the wife. Happy wife, happy life and she doesn't question all the money I dump on points, tags, trips.

For my 22nd Montana Christmas I got to move into a some assembly required new home,

20181227_095219.jpg

and I scored some cool t shirts from a couple carpenter dudes I work with.

20181227_095923.jpg

20181227_100011.jpg

I got an Ion electric ice auger, a new Coleman stove for camping, St. Croix jig pole, bunch a gift cards, and lots of good times with families. The auger got a workout today, drilled holes all over a lake and couldn't seem to find the fish, but tomorrow is a new day

Savage 220 bolt shotgun (20 ga), gift to self. And this may sound dumb but it might have a future as my backup gun for elk in the thick timber (where legal and typically under 100 yards).

I'm in the "I buy myself my own presents club" and decided to buy North American Elk: Ecology and Management this Christmas. I usually buy the big stuff before hunting season rolls in.

An InstaPot sous vide machine now lives in our kitchen cupboards. Its maiden voyage a total success as everyone, including picky eater youngest, declared the whitetail doe top round and bottom round cuts heated to 129 degree x 3 1/2 hours and then quick seared for a nice crispy crust to be as good and better than our usual favorite beef steak

Last edited:
Picked up a heads up decoy. That bad part of that gift is Having to wait 9 to 10 months to really use it. But looking forward to that.

Back